Photo Feature Friday No. 5

Hello all!  Well, I’m glad to see that Blogger is finally back up.  My last post is gone…out into the ether somewhere…hopefully to return soon.  I wasn’t sure if I should even put up Photo Feature Friday at this point, but here it is anyway.  If you recall, today’s photo theme was Spring.  If you have something other than Spring, you’re welcome to share that too.

You may have noticed that I love to include flowers in my photos…well, today is no exception.  I got these the other day when I bought the ranunculus.  They’re called stock.  They kind of remind me of delphiniums or something of that nature.

Aren’t they beautiful?  They seem so old-fashioned.  I love them with the crate and the burlap…that’s my favorite photo of the bunch.

When I processed my photos I just made a few adjustments in curves in Photoshop Elements, which was the first time I tried that, and I also used the Cosmopolitan action from Flora Bella.

Well, are you ready for a photo show and tell?
I can’t wait to see your beautiful photography!
Things to note:
• Extra hugs to you if you mention photography in your post •
• Please include a link to the party or the party’s button in your post •
• Go out, mingle and leave a few comments for others •
If you want more party specifics or need to know how to link up, you can look here. Please link your post, not the main page of your blog. I’ve noticed that some people are doing this. If you need to know how to link to your post please click the link above.
Next week’s suggested theme or challenge is: White
Have a good weekend ♥ Tricia

• Rachel Noelle

~B~E~A~U~T~I~F~U~L~ xo Rachel

French Farmhouse 425

May 13, 2011 at 7:56 pm Reply
  • Jane

You see a lot of stock in traditional English flower borders. These are beautiful, I love the first shot but my favorite has to be the second photo, it looks like a picture on an olde worlde English calendar, just beautiful!

May 13, 2011 at 8:00 pm Reply
  • Evelyn S.

Beautiful photos! I think I might wait a while longer to post, since my previous post also disappeared. Supposedly Blogger is restoring all the posts they "removed"….but they also said 7 hours ago that they would have that done "before long." I don't know what to believe anymore. I just know that I'm having withdrawals! But I do have my "spring" photo ready in the wings.

May 13, 2011 at 8:03 pm Reply
  • Stampmouse

beautiful flowers. just found your blog looks like a great spot.

May 13, 2011 at 8:18 pm Reply
  • Nancy

Love the burlap, crate and terra cotta you used in this photo. Very pretty. 🙂

May 13, 2011 at 8:27 pm Reply

I like #2 the best also. I just bought some of these flowers in dark purple – and do they ever smell good! I'm happy that you posted today – onward and upward!

May 13, 2011 at 8:30 pm Reply
  • Tiff

Your images are stunning! X

May 13, 2011 at 8:31 pm Reply
  • Lynn

Beauty, beauty beautiful, your photographs are stunning, and I love, love Stock, my Gran back in England grew them, I remember them in her garden as a child.
    They do look gorgeous against the burlap 🙂

May 13, 2011 at 8:36 pm Reply
  • Alabaster Rose Designs

Oh Tricia, So YUMMY! I love stock, it is truly so beautiful, especially with the burlap!
    Hope you have a beautiful weekend.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

May 13, 2011 at 8:41 pm Reply
  • Sherry

I love these flowers! Just gorgeous! I have entered a spring tablescape. it said that in the post that was lost, forgot to say it in this one. Thanks for having us!
    Sherry

May 13, 2011 at 9:07 pm Reply
  • Ashley

Gorgeous!!! The flowers are beyond beautiful! Have a delicious weekend! Xoxoxo

May 13, 2011 at 9:09 pm Reply
  • Richard Cottrell

I love stock like the lavender ones you posted about. I use them a lot. They are very beautiful. I am your latest follower and thanks for letting me link to your photo Friday. Richard at My Old Historic House

May 13, 2011 at 9:21 pm Reply
  • kelly

Beautiful flowers. Such a wonderful colour.

Kelly

May 13, 2011 at 9:28 pm Reply
  • Linda Makiej

Fantastic feature for Friday!!!
    Have a great weekend!!

May 13, 2011 at 9:30 pm Reply
  • Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack

Beautiful…beautiful! The colors and textures really pop!

I was able to snag a copy of Romantic Homes, today. There you were front and center. Congrats! I did a little jig for ya 🙂 Well deserved, as your home and your personality are so SWEET.

Have a great weekend, Tricia!
    Hugs!!!
    ~Michelle 😀

May 13, 2011 at 10:04 pm Reply
  • lisa

These are just beautiful Tricia!!
    I love the way you composed each of these,
    Beautifully done!
    Have a fantastic weekend!

lisa.

May 13, 2011 at 10:19 pm Reply
  • she dreams big!

I'm going to have to see if I can find some stock flowers! They are very old fashioned looking and you made them even more beautiful! I always look forward to Fridays now that there is a party to go to!

May 13, 2011 at 10:52 pm Reply
  • Debra@Common Ground

Sooooo pretty, love those flowers! Looks like we both went with the "rustic" to compliment our posies! Thanks for the wonderful party! xoxo Debra

May 13, 2011 at 10:56 pm Reply
  • Emily

Glorious flowers, and your photograph is enchanting! Thanks for the beautiful photos and for hosting your Photo Feature Friday.
    Hope your weekend is great…….

~Emily
    The French Hutch

May 13, 2011 at 11:28 pm Reply
  • Linda

I love your photos, Tricia…the one with the crate is my favorite,too! The stock does have a sweet old fashioned look!

May 13, 2011 at 11:39 pm Reply
  • Faded Plains

Just beautiful!

Have a wonderful weekend!

May 13, 2011 at 11:48 pm Reply
  • Courtney ~ French Country Cottage

Hi sweet Tricia!! Your photos are just amazing! What gorgeous flowers too!
    Well, I am all linked up with my post that was finally restored! I sure hope they get the comments back up too… Thanks for hosting!

May 13, 2011 at 11:55 pm Reply

I am really enjoying this Friday linky…I always love your blog photos and they really inspire me. Well, so glad bloggers back up. What was up with that? I have all my posts restored now, but the comments are missing!

May 14, 2011 at 12:24 am Reply
  • Kristy

What pretty new flowers! Thanks for hosting, if it's late!

May 14, 2011 at 1:07 am Reply
  • Lemon Lane Cottage

Your photos are so beautiful. I love the delicateness of the purple stock against the rough burlap and wooden crate. Oh, just scrumptous looking!

May 14, 2011 at 1:16 am Reply
  • Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal

Beautiful Tricia. Where do you get your flowers? They are always so pretty. Love the color and make for a such a great photo.

May 14, 2011 at 2:28 am Reply
  • Lily Hydrangea

Hi Tricia, nice meme & beautiful photography. thank you for hosting too.
    : )

May 14, 2011 at 3:04 am Reply
  • Nadege,

Just beautiful. I am joining in the fun.

May 14, 2011 at 6:05 am Reply
  • minor

Hi! It is the first time for me to upload my photo. I like beautiful flowers very much. I uploaded many flowers in my blog.
    Your flower photos are very beautiful.I like them very much.
    I ventured to choose a photo of spring landscape in Japan. I want to upload a flower photo from the next time.

May 14, 2011 at 11:43 am Reply
  • Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage

Hi Tricia! I'm glad you posted the party. I was looking forward to it. So many beautiful entrys. Your flowers are wonderful with the contrasting elements. So pleasing to look at.

May 14, 2011 at 12:49 pm Reply

Well Tricia, I am all linked up to your lovely party. What a delightful theme. I am looking forward to visiting everyone now that Blogger is up and running again. I hope they restore our comments soon.
    Your pictures are beautiful and with the rounded corners they remind me of an old fashion postcard. Your flowers are so sweet. Thank you for inviting me to your lovely spring party.

May 14, 2011 at 3:31 pm Reply
  • Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

The flowers are just beautiful! Sorry I've been so absent between the computer problems and blogger I feel like it's been forever since I've visited! Alway love visiting! Enjoy your weekend!
    XO

May 14, 2011 at 5:17 pm Reply

Hi Tricia!

These photos are incredible! I adore both the vibrancy & softness to these purple flowers and I love how you paired them with the light burlap & crate – such a mix of rustic & pretty. You can really put together a great composition!

Big Hugs,
    Lara 🙂

May 14, 2011 at 5:33 pm Reply
  • michelle

Beautiful photos once again Tricia! I love the flowers with the natural textures. I am so loving the second photo. 🙂

May 14, 2011 at 8:22 pm Reply
  • Linda

Great meme – I came here form Long Island Daily Photo.
    Stocks are a popular summer flower here in Scotland. I love the lilac, pastel tones in your photos.

May 14, 2011 at 9:22 pm Reply

I missed this one too. Got to get on the ball! I love that photo as well! And I lost one post that I know of.

May 14, 2011 at 9:27 pm Reply
  • Henrietta

I don't know Stocks but I love them, here might be them but don't recognize them just know. Beautiful pictures, you always make me moaning..everything you do is so beautiful:)

May 15, 2011 at 11:57 am Reply
  • Brambleberry Cottage

Just found your fun party and decided to join for the first time. I can't wait to visit the creators of the beautiful images above!

By the way, I just joined you as a follower. 😉

Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage

May 15, 2011 at 5:12 pm Reply
  • Priscila Peters

Lovely flowers, beautiful color!

May 15, 2011 at 7:13 pm Reply
  • Sarah @ Modern Country Style

Hey sweetpea,

What was blogger like, eh? Sooooo annoying. Grrrr. I'm glad it's all better now – and actually I think it's not a bad thing to be reminded every now and then that life still carries on just fine without the internet working properly!!

Gorgeous photos, as always!!

Sarahx

May 15, 2011 at 10:30 pm Reply
  • Ann

All flowers look good to me…
    but those are really lovely,
    I love the color and the way the pics are shot ♥

May 16, 2011 at 9:19 am Reply
  • joomla outsourcing

wow..Gorgeous… I just love this purple flowers. This burlap is looking beautiful and cute. Thanks for this great post.

May 17, 2011 at 1:25 pm Reply
  • Butterbean Row

This is so lovely, soft and colorful! I remember that my mother loved stock. I rarely see it here in the south. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places.

May 17, 2011 at 8:16 pm Reply