My Daughter’s Room

Hello sweet people!  I thought I’d show you a few photos of my daughter’s room today.  I’ve mentioned a time or two that I’ve been working on it and while there’s always more I’d love to do, I’m just going to call it done.  Yay!
When I was first thinking about what I should do in this room, I was in such a quandary.  I like things neutral, while my daughter’s favorite bright color changes by the day. With that in mind, I hoped to create a space that I thought blended well with our home, but was still cozy and fun for my four-year old Little Miss.  In the end, I chose to keep things as neutral as possible and just let her toys add the colorful jazzy part πŸ™‚

The color combination in this room makes me think of Neapolitan ice cream…so yummy…with lots of pink, brown and creamy white.  The duvet and shams are from Restoration Hardware.  They’re soft pink and have ruffled frayed edges, which I think gives them a nice old well-loved feeling.  I found the sheets at Bed, Bath and Beyond and couldn’t believe how well the color matched.  I love the pattern too…very simple with a white background and pink leaves.

Of course, I had to add some flowers to pretty things up.  I found some beautiful peachy-pink Stock and some Chamomile too.  I popped them into this old enamel bucket for a nice informal flower arrangement.

A few of the things in her room I made…the slipcover for the lampshade, the bedskirt, the brown bed pillow, the chalkboard and the white pennant flags.  Gotta give a shout out to the Mister too since he made the bench.
I just finished the bedskirt this week.  Whew…was that a job!  All those gathers…I was wondering if my sewing machine was going to be able to manage.  Luckily, it got ‘er done.  I made the pennant awhile ago.  You may remember me telling you that my daughter thought it looked like shark’s teeth.  She told my mom that when she first saw her her room she was “torrified.”  Terrified and horrified all rolled into one…how nice.  Luckily, she’s okay with it now πŸ™‚
I wish I had more pictures to show you, but I had a hard time just getting the few that I did…the room isn’t very large and the light is a little off, so photography is a bit of a challenge.  There’s not that much more to see, just her little kitchen and the closet doors πŸ™‚
Hope you have a good weekend!
xo Tricia
I’m sharing my post at:

Oh, your photos! I just can't get over your lovely photos every time I come over here. That room looks pretty darned done to me! I'd be delighted to have it myself. I'm gonna pin it to my Pinterest in fact.

June 16, 2011 at 11:34 pm Reply
  • Gail Dixon

Keeping it neutral is the smart thing to do. That way the accessories can offer pops of color. It's a relaxing, inviting space. Well done.

June 16, 2011 at 11:58 pm Reply

Tricia, I LOVE it! What a beautiful and inspiring little girls room! And yes, the colors do remind me of Neopolitian ice cream, too. πŸ™‚

You have done an amazing job on her room & I did not know you were also talented on the sewing machine! May I ask you where you got the white "E" on her wall? I would love to have one like that for Livvy!

You have such a wonderful style. I love how you keep things simple & not overly done.. but very interesting & calming on the eye.

Take Care!
    Lara

June 16, 2011 at 11:58 pm Reply
  • Rachel Noelle

Adorable room!!;)

June 17, 2011 at 12:04 am Reply

Your work is stunning! both the decorating and the photography! yummy yummy yummy!

June 17, 2011 at 12:09 am Reply
  • Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal

The room looks beautiful Tricia! I just love the skirt. What a great job. Did you attach it to a flat piece or did you use velcro? I want to make one that is easy to remove for my own room.
    I agree with Brenda. The photos are gorgeous. How do you get the soft tones like you do?

June 17, 2011 at 12:12 am Reply
  • Blondie's Journal

Tricia…I LOVE the color scheme you did, it's so soft and pretty, I'd love my own room done like this! Very well done and I am happy that your little angel loves it, too! πŸ™‚

XO,
    Jane

June 17, 2011 at 12:25 am Reply
  • Okio B Designs

So very sweet! I wish my room had looked like that when I lived with my parents. Too bad I went through a goth phase. Not good! πŸ˜‰

Jeanine

June 17, 2011 at 12:29 am Reply
  • Sandi

What a sweet room! You did a wonderful job on it!
    Blessings~

June 17, 2011 at 12:35 am Reply
  • β„³artina @ Northern Nesting

BEAUTIFUL Tricia and I love her bed! Martina

June 17, 2011 at 12:47 am Reply
  • Pamela

Such a sweet and calming bedroom!

June 17, 2011 at 12:51 am Reply
  • i.ikeda

I looks gorgeous! I love the color palette, very delicate and feminine. With the neutral tones, she'll definitely be able to add lots of bright colored accessories/toys to her heart's content. Love your idea. And wow, you made that bed skirt? My jaw just hit the floor. Just wow. Great work all around.

June 17, 2011 at 1:27 am Reply
  • lisa

This is beautiful Tricia, and your photographs of it are wonderful!

June 17, 2011 at 1:45 am Reply
  • erin

"torrified"…that is sooo cute! and so is her room! job well done.

June 17, 2011 at 1:46 am Reply
  • Kathy

A charming room…how happy your daughter must be with the end results.

Love the softness.
    xoxo~kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings…

June 17, 2011 at 1:50 am Reply
  • traci

her room is absolutely gorgeous.

June 17, 2011 at 1:53 am Reply
  • Becky C

Oh Tricia, I think it's adorable. It does fit in with your home so well and looks so "girly" too πŸ™‚ Great makeover. I'm sure "E" is very proud!
    Blessings

June 17, 2011 at 2:00 am Reply
  • Anne Lorys - Fiona and Twig

Beautiful! You did a great job, it all looks so lovely.

Anne

June 17, 2011 at 2:14 am Reply
  • NauticalCottageBlog.com

Okay, I seriously want to be your daughter because that is a seriously pretty room! wowzers!

I love everything about it and your photographs are lovely.

Hope you have a great weekend :O)

Hugs,
    Marie

June 17, 2011 at 2:15 am Reply
  • Heaven's Walk

Tricia – what an absolutely beautiful room! So soft and feminine! You did an amazing job putting all of those textures together. LUV It! No wonder you've been exhausted! πŸ™‚

June 17, 2011 at 2:17 am Reply
  • Prior

What a peaceful room~ I love it!
    Lezlee

June 17, 2011 at 2:45 am Reply

Always so very lovely…some day I am going to have you come help me fix up our house:) You have such a gift and I love seeing what you can do to a room.

June 17, 2011 at 3:02 am Reply
  • julie - eab designs

Adore the bedding and, of course, the color combination! Love all the handmade touches. My youngest daughter has the same bed frame, which has always been a favorite of mine.

June 17, 2011 at 3:32 am Reply
  • kelly

Tricia, A lovely room. Love the flowers in the bucket.

Kelly

June 17, 2011 at 4:12 am Reply
  • Alicia

i am in love with this room. it's so peaceful and pretty…i love the bunting πŸ™‚ the creams and pinks are just perfect!

June 17, 2011 at 4:12 am Reply
  • Nadege,

What girl would not be happy in a room looking like that. It is soooo charming.

June 17, 2011 at 4:27 am Reply
  • sandra @ french laundry 132 β™₯

The photo's are stunning ! This looks like a room right out of a magazine and the bed skirt is amazing! The colors are perfect! I am always amazed by what you do. You are fantastic and I love it!!!!

Can you come and do my house????

June 17, 2011 at 4:40 am Reply
  • Kristina

So pretty! Linking from My Romantic Home. It makes me want to sink right in.

June 17, 2011 at 4:55 am Reply
  • Lemon Lane Cottage

What little girl wouldn't love such a pretty room even with the shark's teeth…lol

June 17, 2011 at 5:02 am Reply
  • kerrie of sea cottage

It is very pretty and comfortable. Feels cozy and uncluttered.

June 17, 2011 at 5:03 am Reply
  • Razmataz

It's really lovely. Where are the pillow cases and duvet cover from ?I love the large ruffles.

June 17, 2011 at 10:54 am Reply

Its so feminine and absolutely beautiful! She must love it!
    I love all your gentle touches..that paikl with the flowers is perfect and soft.
    The chalkboard is great in there!
    All the love poured into that bedskirt…you're amazing Momma!
    It makes me wish I was a little girl again just to have a room like that !!
    Beautiful labour of love..and the photos are perfect!!!

Deborah xoxoxo

June 17, 2011 at 12:40 pm Reply
  • Pink Overalls @DIY Home Staging

This is so sweet. Thanks for posting the photos.

You are educating your daughter's eye by surrounding her with subtle good taste.

I hear you on the bedskirt sewing. Most of what you can buy are boxy tailored ones, and the ruffled ones are skimpy. When I made one of drapery weight fabric I thought my sewing machine would gag! The next time, rather than attach the ruffle to a mattress cover, I just hemmed one very long length of fabric and ran elastic through one long hem, then pinned it to the mattress cover after arranging the gathers.

June 17, 2011 at 12:57 pm Reply

Tricia,

I have to say that the bedding looks fantastic!! It's pretty, neutral and cute. Perfect for a young little girl.
    And the flowers are stunning.
    Have a nice weekend.

June 17, 2011 at 1:21 pm Reply
  • Mary Ellen

What a lovely room! Loved hearing about the torrified pennant! Kids can be so funny.

The bedding is just so pretty too!

June 17, 2011 at 1:25 pm Reply
  • Pink and White

The bedroom looks very welcoming. I love the flag garland and the bucket with the fresh flowers giving the room a festive touch.
    Have a nice weekend!

June 17, 2011 at 1:29 pm Reply
  • Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage

I adore your daughters room!! You've done an amazing job! I love the soft pretty linens. The bench is so cute. Everything about it is so so lovely!! Your daughter thinking the pennet looks like shark teeth is so funny! I'm glad she likes it now. πŸ™‚

June 17, 2011 at 2:31 pm Reply
  • Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage

A very sweet room, and wonderful photos! You show your flowers so well!

June 17, 2011 at 2:41 pm Reply
  • Cindy

Your daughters room is so sweet, I love it, I'm sure she loves it too. You have a beautiful blog, I read back several months and your photos are all amazing!
    Hugs, Cindy

June 17, 2011 at 2:58 pm Reply
  • Ironstone and Pine

Beautiful! So soft and pretty…..wish MY room looked this serene!!

June 17, 2011 at 2:58 pm Reply
  • Pam

You've created such a peaceful and pretty room for her. I love the tooth banner. Cute bench.

June 17, 2011 at 3:47 pm Reply

What a great mama
    you are….I've now
    vowed NOT to sew
    duvets or bedskirts,
    again! Too much fabric
    to handle. What a
    perfect and classic
    girl's room to dream
    and grow up in, Tricia!
    xx Suzanne

June 17, 2011 at 4:00 pm Reply
  • Tereza

what gorgeous photos! I would love to have that as my bedroom!

June 17, 2011 at 4:19 pm Reply
  • Het Hoogerhuys

Tricia, your daughter is the happiest girl in the world.
    Her bedroom looks amazing.
    Wow, i love it
    Sandra

June 17, 2011 at 4:21 pm Reply
  • A Cottage Muse

Oh Tricia it looks absolutely wonderful! Her dreams will be a little sweeter now!

My daughter is just graduated from college and her room right now looks like a bad mix of her, me and her dorm "stuff". This room will not get a makeover until she moves out! I am not rushing it but I've already started my idea file!

June 17, 2011 at 4:35 pm Reply
  • Pink Roses and Teacups

This is so lovely, fresh and clean looking! Love it!!

June 17, 2011 at 5:06 pm Reply
  • Sarah @ Modern Country Style

It's lovely, Tricia. I love the way your rooms are so recognisable. You have such a thread running through your house. It must be so calming to live in.

Sarahx

June 17, 2011 at 6:54 pm Reply
  • Georgianna

Gosh, I love everything about this, Tricia! It's charming, feminine and so restful. She'll have many wonderful memories here. How lovely!– g

June 17, 2011 at 7:12 pm Reply
  • Evelyn S.

May I come and stay with you??? This is heavenly!

June 17, 2011 at 7:23 pm Reply
  • Rosemary Aubut

Oh my what a lucky girl! How beautiful! Looooove it! Great color scheme.

June 17, 2011 at 7:46 pm Reply
  • michelle

Tricia it is so beautiful!!! The bed is so dreamy with all those pretty ruffles, you did an amazing job! What a great room to grow into as well so peaceful to sleep in. πŸ™‚

June 17, 2011 at 9:59 pm Reply
  • Susan

Your daughter's bedroom is so pretty and dainty! I love the delicate florals in the enamel bucket!

June 17, 2011 at 11:54 pm Reply
  • Amy Kinser

This room is amazing! Your photos are amazing! Your talent is amazing!

Should I say amazing again or stop there?

June 18, 2011 at 2:01 am Reply
  • Red Rose Alley

Hello,
    I just visited your Blog, and while reading it, I noticed that we have alot of the same interests. I love creating, decorating, photography, and roses – especially red roses. Me and my daughters just started a new blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. The link is: http:redrosealley.blogspot.com We just recently did a post about "Home Treasures," and it will give you a chance to get to know us a little better. Hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

June 18, 2011 at 7:34 pm Reply
  • Stampmouse

beautiful place to be wow

June 18, 2011 at 8:39 pm Reply
  • Sherry

Tricia,
    Your daughter's room is so Cute! I love the color palette! So versatile too because it will grow with her. Lovely photos always! Thanks for linking this up at HSH!
    Sherry

June 18, 2011 at 11:30 pm Reply
  • Anonymous

I can't get over how beautiful your pictures always are. I really do think somehow, some way it should lead to more great things for you! And I think cupcake's room looks super cute…geesh girl!
    K

June 19, 2011 at 4:28 am Reply
  • Sweet Young Journey

Oh Tricia, your daughter's room so beautiful!
    Great job on sewing the bedskirt…. it's so pretty!
    Your so talented!
    Hope you and your family have a great Father's Day!
    hugs, Cheryl

June 19, 2011 at 5:31 am Reply
  • tina, theoldfrenchdoors...

The photos are amazing and the room is gorgeous

June 19, 2011 at 12:22 pm Reply
  • d e l i g h t

The room is adorable! Nuetral is always a good way to go. A great job!

June 19, 2011 at 1:21 pm Reply
  • Courtney ~ French Country Cottage

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous!!! I absolutely love your daughters sweet, pretty room!! I LOVE the neutrals (would love if my daughter would agree to them too!!) Thanks for sharing this over at my party this week πŸ™‚ Hugs, Courtney

June 19, 2011 at 2:45 pm Reply

Oh, the room looks beautiful! So lovely and sweet just like your little angel. Your photos are great. I love the bedskirt you made, it's perfect with all the other wonderful linens. Beautiful room and I love the soft palette.

June 20, 2011 at 8:41 pm Reply

What a gorgeous room!! So light and airy. <3

June 20, 2011 at 10:13 pm Reply
  • Helena, The Swenglish Home

Beautiful!

And your dining room is looking gorgeous as always.

Wishing you a lovely summer!
    Helena

June 20, 2011 at 10:28 pm Reply
  • sandra @ french laundry 132 β™₯

Still, so very beautiful!

You can have some of our heat! We were up to 100 or 101 today with the heat indexes beyond real. I think the indexes were 110! Not fun, especially when I wanted to paint in the garage. I did attempt to, and felt like I was in an actual sauna. Lot's of showers here !

p.s. please don't be offended but I had to take off that picture with those guys in those yellow shorts and oh those socks! lol

thank you for your sweet comments.

June 21, 2011 at 12:09 am Reply
  • Bringing Pretty Back

WHat a gorgeous room.
    A little girls room doesn't need to be frilly and pink. the colors you chose are soothing.
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

June 21, 2011 at 4:30 am Reply
  • Linda

OH Tricia…I am just getting caught up with all your beautiful posts that I missed! They just get better and better…your dining room is lovely and your daughter's room is just precious. All your personal touches are wonderful and your photos are always fabulous! Bloom? Oh yes…you are so inspiring!

June 21, 2011 at 5:14 am Reply
  • Sofies Haus

Wow you have a very beautiful home!!!Lovely pics and the cup in your profil image is it Anthropologie?:-), hughs Anja

June 21, 2011 at 9:26 am Reply
  • Diva

The picutre are so beautifull i come over here and hope you look one of my blog..

Best regards

DIVA

June 21, 2011 at 10:56 am Reply
  • Butterbean Row

Tricia,
    I love what you did to this room! It looks so cozy and inviting!

Have a great week!

June 21, 2011 at 3:04 pm Reply
  • JudyBug

Beautiful….lovely….so soft….ahhhhhh

June 21, 2011 at 4:04 pm Reply
  • rachelsjunkinthetrunk

SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!

June 22, 2011 at 3:33 am Reply
  • Carolyn@SweetChaos

Soooo very pretty! I love the colors! And your photos are gorgeous πŸ™‚ I'd love to hear how you take such beautiful photos!

June 23, 2011 at 1:52 am Reply
  • LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious

Your talent(s) continue to amaze me Tricia! What a beautiful room you've created for your daughter.

β™₯Lee Ann

June 23, 2011 at 6:01 pm Reply
  • Allison

Your daughter's room is gorgeous. It's very sweet and feminine. I bet she just adores it. Her bed is fit for a princess! You did a wonderful job, Tricia.

June 24, 2011 at 5:28 am Reply
  • Handy Man, Crafty Woman

so nice and peaceful!! I need to get some flowers…

June 25, 2011 at 2:16 am Reply
  • Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky)

What a lovely room for a litte girl and it will grow with her too. The bedskirt you made looks wonderful. I'm glad she is not worried about the shark's teeth any longer.

June 26, 2011 at 12:56 am Reply
  • Deb

So beautiful Tricia…I just love your daughter's bedroom! Your photo's are amazing as always too! ~Deb~

June 28, 2011 at 6:23 am Reply
  • A Cozy Cottage in the City

Amazing photos! I love the neutral palette!!! πŸ™‚

June 29, 2011 at 11:01 pm Reply
  • Dear Lillie

Her room turned out beautiful and your photography is stunning, as always!

June 30, 2011 at 4:19 am Reply
  • Stacey

As if 80+ comments doesn't already say enough..I adore this room! It is spectacular…featured it today on my blog! Check it out and grab a button if you like!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

July 4, 2011 at 2:42 am Reply
  • Catie

This room is sooo sweet!! I love it and so would my five year old daughter. Nice job. It looks soo lovely. ~ Catie

July 6, 2011 at 11:34 pm Reply
  • Hestia

What a nice excellent marvelous brilliant good sweet magnificient….. room!!! Please be my mum:) I love it. Love from Turkey.Hestia xox

July 13, 2011 at 1:00 pm Reply
  • Susan

What a gorgeous room! It looks like the kind of place that she won't outgrow as she gets older.

August 1, 2011 at 10:42 pm Reply
  • ...

This is the most adorable, perfect bedroom ever. I'm sure she loves it. XO

August 4, 2011 at 5:36 am Reply
  • raggygirlvintage

Tricia, do you happen to remember where you got the pink ruffled bedding from, I know it was a while ago! I'm looking for something similar for my daughter's bed, we just traded her twin for a full size.
    Thanks,
    Tracey

January 26, 2012 at 10:10 pm Reply
  • THE FARMHOUSE PORCH

Just found you at the French Country Cottage party…now following your amazing blog. Every room I see is breathtaking! Come visit me sometime…
    β™₯Linsey

June 20, 2012 at 3:47 am Reply
  • Daniela Proietti

Lovely pictures…. great blog!
    Daniela

November 30, 2012 at 8:57 pm Reply
  • Vanessa

what a lucky girl…a room like this it's just a dream!
    V.

March 15, 2013 at 3:31 pm Reply
  • Between You and Me

Tricia!
    Her room is so soft and precious.
    All the little details "make" it.

We have a drop cloth bedskirt that I had made, and when I picked it up from the seamstress years ago, she told me to never tell a soul that she made it…because she never wants to make another one. πŸ™‚

May 21, 2013 at 11:21 am Reply
  • Brittany Sweat Photographer

can you share the wall color?! love this room! Totally inspired for my baby girls nursery!

July 8, 2013 at 10:49 pm Reply
    • Tricia

The color is called Alpaca by Benjamin Moore. It looks more yellow in the photos than the true color πŸ™‚

July 10, 2013 at 1:50 pm Reply
  • Sue

Love your work! Where did you get the iron bed?

October 15, 2013 at 2:39 am Reply
    • Tricia

Thanks, Sue! The bed is from a company called Wesley Allen πŸ™‚

October 16, 2013 at 9:29 pm Reply
  • hyedi Johnson

Could you please please share where you purchased that lovely bedskirt? You would make me a very happy lady;)
    Hyedi