Sweetie Pies and My Blog Anniversary

Hello, you.  Are you having a good weekend?  I thought I’d never get a post up today since I spent the better part of the afternoon making these little heart-shaped pies, or sweetie pies, as I like to call them.  Clever aren’t I?
I bought a pie mold from Williams-Sonoma a week or so ago and thought that today would be the day I’d whip up some super cute little cherry pies.  Let me just say that, number one…it didn’t go that smoothly and number two…I’m not much of a baker.  The filling kept coming out of the pies, it looked like my hearts were bleeding.  Ugh, I was glad when it was all done.
Anyway, today’s my one-year blog anniversary.  I just wanted to say that, for my sake at least.  So I can look back and say to myself, “Oh look, I made little bleeding cherry hearts, I mean, sweetie pies, that day.”  🙂

Speaking of sweetie pies, I just want to say thanks.  First, to you…all my new sweet friends who come to visit me here on my little bloggy space and share your thoughts and friendship.  I’ve loved getting to know you all over the past year.  ♥
Second, there’s Sarah at Shabby Chic Interiors, a beautiful Italian blog.  She featured me about a month ago and put together some pretty collages with my photos.  I know a lot of you would love her style, so you may want to go and take a peek.
Lastly, one of my very best friends, Jo at Secret Garden Cottage, gave me a nice shout out the other day and I just want to say, “Right back at ya sister.”  🙂

Well, I hope you all have a great rest of the weekend.
Big hugs ♥ Tricia

• Deanna @ snippets from springdale

As cherries are one of my favorite fruits and motifs this posting is special. Just love it! Those little sweetie pies look really tasty!!

August 7, 2011 at 1:38 am Reply
  • Alice

Happy Blog Anniversary!!! Your little pies are so sweet I can almost taste the wonderful crust and the fresh fruit inside.

August 7, 2011 at 1:48 am Reply

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY! Oh those pies…love! Your photos…LOVE! I'm swooning, I'm sighing, I'm salivating. 🙂

August 7, 2011 at 1:57 am Reply
  • La Vie Quotidienne

Happy Blog-a-versity! I was bad, I let mine pass by without even noticing it.

Your little pies look good to me…I love cherry pie, it is one of my favorites. Have a great weekend.

August 7, 2011 at 2:03 am Reply

Tricia..happy blog anniversary!!!
    So glad we've met!!
    Your photos are fabulous and those sweetie-pies are adorable!
    Oh how I'd love to share one with you 🙂
    I will visit your friends too 🙂
    Have a great week!!

Deborah xoxoxoxo

August 7, 2011 at 2:05 am Reply
  • sarah atmyyellowhouse

Happy anniversary…I hope to see many more years of your lovely posts!

I meant to tell you the other day…have you read the blog, What Katie Ate? Her food photography is gorgeous, as is yours. 🙂

Have a great weekend ~
    Sarah

August 7, 2011 at 2:06 am Reply
  • Anne Lorys - Fiona and Twig

Happy Blogiversary!
    I think your bleeding hearts are just precious!

August 7, 2011 at 2:27 am Reply
  • A Cozy Cottage in the City

Happpy Bloggie Versary!!! 🙂 Those pies look delish!!! I LOVE to bake…now if only I could take photos the way you do!!! Please tell me, which type of camera do you use?

As you know I'm a new blogger here, and I want to let you know that I thank you for being one of the kindest new blogger friends out there (that I've met) since I started. Funny that you mentioned Jo, from Secret Garden Cottage…she too has been so sweet with her encouraging messages to me. 😉 I also love that my hometown is in Central Ca – also where she is from…small world. 😉

I guess "nice & kind" people tend to flock together. 😉 lol Thanks again for your genuine kindness, it truly shows in your {photography} art and eloquent writing.

God Bless,
    Jess

August 7, 2011 at 3:00 am Reply
  • Kaitlyn

Happy blog anniversary!
    and you always have the most yummy looking blog posts ever! I could literally. Eat my screen! <3

In our sea of love

August 7, 2011 at 3:04 am Reply
  • Gwendolyn

I love cherries and I think your tarts look very scrumptious!!

August 7, 2011 at 3:16 am Reply
  • julie - eab designs

Your pies are adorable! I especially love the little heart inside of the circle cut out. It's been such fun getting to know you through your blog. It 's definitely a favorite of mine. Here's to another wonderful year!

August 7, 2011 at 3:20 am Reply
  • janice15

Happy blog anniversary.. the pies look great. . . I didn't see a recipe. Was there one?…anyhow they look really great…

August 7, 2011 at 4:04 am Reply
  • Susan

I've seen those heart shaped pie makers at Williams Sonoma – I keep threatening to get one, but haven't done so yet. Seeing your pictures makes me want to rush out and buy one.

Happy blog anniversary!

August 7, 2011 at 4:19 am Reply
  • Nadege,

Very clever indeed. Your food photos make me hungry.

August 7, 2011 at 6:25 am Reply
  • Tiff

Congrats!!!! I adore those shots, so pretty! Thanks for the links too! Happy weekend! x

August 7, 2011 at 6:44 am Reply
  • Sherry

Tricia,
    Happy Blogaversary! It has been fun visiting you.
    Sherry

August 7, 2011 at 7:23 am Reply
  • raspberry essence

congratulations! your blog is beautiful, keep on with your beautiful photos and posts! love the heart shape 🙂 have a lovely sunday!

Si.

August 7, 2011 at 9:49 am Reply
  • Abby's Paperie Garden

Happy Anniversary! I adore your blog and your photography of practically anything blows me away. And your cherry sweetie pies are adorable:)

xo,

Abby

August 7, 2011 at 11:10 am Reply
  • Rosemary Aubut

Congratulations! Gorgeous photos as always! So happy to have found you!

August 7, 2011 at 11:38 am Reply
  • Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs

Tricia ~
    Those are absolutely beautiful !! I am thinking almost too
    beautiful to eat 🙂

August 7, 2011 at 12:27 pm Reply
  • Pink an White

Hello,
    First of all I want to congratulate you on your blog's birthday. You have inspired me a lot since I discovered your blog.
    I have not left comments on your beautiful photos recently because I have been incredibly occupied, but I want to let you know that I like them a lot.
    Have a nice Sunday! 🙂

August 7, 2011 at 12:54 pm Reply
  • Sandi

Love your sweetie pies. They look so yummy and your photos are gorgeous!

August 7, 2011 at 1:46 pm Reply
  • Vicki

Tricia you are making me want pie for breakfast! Those are adorable and the photos are fantastic. Happy blog anniversary!

August 7, 2011 at 1:47 pm Reply
  • Rosie

Congratulations on your anniversary! Wonderful photos to celebrate it! 🙂

August 7, 2011 at 1:53 pm Reply
  • Sandra van Doorn

oh i'll have some, thank you! looks delicious.
    Talking about cherries i just made my first home made jam; i called it summer loving jam because it was such a beautiful afternoon!
    Anyway, i absolutely love your pictures, and the great links… sandra

August 7, 2011 at 2:01 pm Reply
  • Secret Garden Cottage

Hey girlfriend! Love those sweetie pies… they turned out soooo pretty! Congratulations on your blog anniversary, my friend… and on reaching that 'magic number!' I knew you would. 🙂
    xoxo,
    Jo

August 7, 2011 at 3:39 pm Reply
  • Becky C

Well these are gorgeous! Congrats on one year! Always love your photos 🙂

August 7, 2011 at 4:37 pm Reply
  • Pam

Your little pies are adorable. I'm not sure that I could bite into one and ruin the happy little pies. Happy Blog Anniversary.

August 7, 2011 at 5:20 pm Reply
  • Rachel Noelle

Yay!! One year…so glad were friends! xoxoxo Rachel

August 7, 2011 at 5:50 pm Reply
  • Sylvia

Happy Blog Anniversary , dear Tricia!It has always been a pleasure visiting your blog ! Your photography is a piece of art ! Keep on creating !

August 7, 2011 at 7:00 pm Reply

I want you to know your blog is one of my very favorites to visit! Your style is fantastic, your photos romantic and soft. And I consider you a friend.

August 7, 2011 at 7:11 pm Reply
  • Sherri

Happy Blogiversary!! I love those cherry pies, so cute!! I am such a cherry lover!

August 7, 2011 at 9:09 pm Reply

Happy blog-aversary! Wonderful and yummy photos to celebrate it ♥

August 7, 2011 at 9:51 pm Reply
  • Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle)

Happy blogiversary to you! I've enjoyed your photos and blog posts so much these last few months. Glad I found you!

August 7, 2011 at 9:52 pm Reply
  • Dawn

Wow! Gorgeous shots, and now I am hungry for some cherry's! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a note. I'm signed up to follow yours now on bloglovin! Looking forward to more yummy pictures!

August 8, 2011 at 12:56 am Reply
  • missing moments

Look so deliciious! Yummy! And great photos!

August 8, 2011 at 2:34 am Reply

Happy Blog anniversary! Love your pies!

August 8, 2011 at 3:18 am Reply
  • Deb

Hey congrats on one year Tricia! Those little pies look delish…and your photo's are amazing as always! hugs…Deb

August 8, 2011 at 5:35 am Reply
  • Jane

Oh my goodness, those sweet little pies look wonderful, I never bake these days as neither my husband or daughter like desserts.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today and for your lovely comment on my photo.

August 8, 2011 at 6:01 pm Reply

I'm still out
    in the Pacific NW
    and just passed up
    some pie cherries
    the other day….
    I think your sweetie
    pies look perfect!
    xx Suzanne

August 8, 2011 at 7:17 pm Reply
  • Colleen

I love pie. I can't think of a better way to celebrate. Happy blogiversary!

August 8, 2011 at 7:33 pm Reply
  • A Brush with Color

I've seen those W&S pie molds–I wondered how they turn out. the ones you profile here look beautiful! I like the way you tucked in the little hearts, too. I'll bet your place smelled divine.

Happy blogoversary! congratulations!

August 8, 2011 at 8:15 pm Reply
  • Elaine

Browsing my daughter's blog and saw these yummy little cherry pies…I can taste them already…Since I've not been able to eat well the past few month I've had a lot of fruit. love cherries…and all the in season fruits

Congratulations on your Blog anniversary

August 8, 2011 at 8:27 pm Reply
  • Faded Plains

Your sweetie pies…and the photography are just yummy. I see a future for you in professional photography…I'm just sayin'.

August 8, 2011 at 9:57 pm Reply
  • Branson

These photos are SO fantastic! Just WOW! 🙂 The little pies look tasty too, hehe

August 9, 2011 at 4:43 am Reply
  • Sweet Young Journey

Oh my gosh Tricia, those little heart pies turned out amazing! Yum!
    Happy Happy Blog Anniversary! Thank you for your friendship! I love your blog and I'm always looking forward to your next post.
    I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs, Cheryl

August 9, 2011 at 6:09 am Reply
  • Cindy

What sweet little pies! They look so yummy! Happy blog anniversary!

August 9, 2011 at 1:34 pm Reply
  • Henrietta

Happy birthday to your blog:)
    I'm kind of glad you told us how everything didn't went so smoothly with baking and why ….cause those cute little perfect pies depress me:) I'm mean I thought do you do everything so perfect why don't I! Anyway the result is beautiful and your photos are just so delicate.
    Have a nice week darling!

August 9, 2011 at 3:17 pm Reply

They look absolutely delicious, Tricia! Happy Blog-versary to you sweet friend!

xo, Lara

August 9, 2011 at 4:14 pm Reply
  • Craftberry Bush

Luv ya bunches Tricia, congrats ! Xo

August 9, 2011 at 5:19 pm Reply
  • Donna Gotlib

Beautiful photos, wonderful post!

August 9, 2011 at 5:41 pm Reply

Looks absolutely incredible. YUM

August 9, 2011 at 9:22 pm Reply
  • Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal

Happy blogiversary Tricia! I am just getting back in town so I'm sorry I'm late with my wishes. The pies look really yummy. I'm sure they tasted great too!

August 10, 2011 at 12:24 am Reply
  • Valerie@chateaualamode.typepad.com

Congrats sweet Tricia. You are one of my very favorite blogs! Love the little cherry pies….they look so tasty 🙂

August 10, 2011 at 3:17 am Reply
  • Yvonne - Frl.Klein

It looks so delicious! And your photos are so beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Yvonne

August 10, 2011 at 6:37 am Reply
  • Nancy @ A Rural Journal

Beautiful food and flowers session! And happy anniversary. 🙂

August 10, 2011 at 10:01 am Reply
  • lisa

Oh I definitely need to get my hands on these molds Tricia! I LOVE these pies!! Beautiful photographs, but now I am very badly wanting cherry pie!! 🙂

Happy Blog Anniversary to you!
    I am very glad you are here!

lisa.

August 10, 2011 at 2:54 pm Reply
  • Donna

Sorry I'm late but Happy Blogaversary to you!
    Love your blog!!
    hughugs

August 10, 2011 at 4:20 pm Reply
  • Bohemian

Dear Tricia, Happy Blogaversary! I've so enjoyed your Beautiful Blog… and I think your lovely little Bleeding Hearts are perfect! I've often been called a Bleeding Heart since I tend to be excessively sympathetic… which I don't view as a neg at all!

Your Photos and stories are always inspiring… may you have many, many more Blogaversaries my Friend!

Blessings from the Arizona Desert… Dawn… The Bohemian

August 10, 2011 at 6:26 pm Reply
  • michelle

The little sweetie pies are adorable and look so good!! I think that you did perfect. 🙂 Your photos are gorgeous as well.
    Happy Blogiversary to you and I am so glad that we have become friends over the year, you are always kin, caring and ever so inspiring. 🙂
    Hugs!!
    xoxxo

August 10, 2011 at 7:59 pm Reply
  • Kelly

congrats on your one year anniversary! I could live in Williams and Sonoma! Your photos are a sweet testament to your dedication….you DID put vanilla ice cream on those sweetie pies……right?

August 10, 2011 at 8:06 pm Reply
  • Heaven's Walk

Happy Blogiversary, Tricia! (better late than never, huh? lol!) What a sweet and delicious way to spend it making those darling pies. Cherry's always been my ultimate fav! I would'ave ended up eating them all in one sitting…..hehe! Hugs to you, friend!

August 11, 2011 at 1:44 am Reply

Tricia,
    Congrats to you and your blog!!
    This pie looks amazing. Very cute your images.

August 11, 2011 at 12:09 pm Reply