Cookies and Cafe au Lait Cups

Hello to you!  Hope your week is going well.  Are you all prepared for Christmas next week?  Me…not so much.  I still have a few gifts to buy and I haven’t wrapped one single thing yet.  Oh, and then there’s the Christmas cards.  Ugh.
In the midst of all my preparations, I’ve been eating a lot.  So much so, that I went and joined the YMCA this week.  I want to eat whatever my little heart desires, in moderation of course, so I’m going to have to ramp up the exercise to make up for it.  One of the things I’ve been enjoying a little too much of is cookies.  I made one of my favorites last weekend, Peanut Butter Blossoms.  Mmmm, chocolate and peanut butter…a delicious combination.
And what’s the perfect pairing for a sweet and tasty cookie?  Well, okay, I’m sure some of you are saying coffee, but since I don’t drink that, how about hot chocolate, especially in these super cute cups?  I found them at Garnet Hill and it was pretty much love at first sight.  They’re basically a big bowl with a handle.
If by chance you don’t have a recipe for these yummy cookies, here’s the one we like to go with…
Peanut Butter Blossoms
  • 1/4 cup of butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup of shortening
  • 1/2 cup of peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons of milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1 3/4 cup of flour
  • Chocolate candy kisses
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Blend butter, shortening and peanut butter together in a large bowl.  Add the sugars and continue to beat until it’s nice and creamy.  Add vanilla, milk and egg and continue to mix.  Then add the salt, baking soda and flour.  Roll dough into balls of about 1 inch in size and then roll each ball in some sugar.  Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for approximately 10 minutes.  Immediately after removing from the oven press one candy kiss into the center of each cookie.
Make sure they’re good, so eat about a half a dozen.  That’s what I do anyway 😉
Well, I have lots to do, so hope you all have a great weekend!
xo Tricia
I’m sharing my post at:

• kerrie of sea cottage

Those are the perfect cups for christmas! Your photos are always so amazing. Someday I will own a fancy canon…but I think I will always love my canon pocket power shot in turqoise. I've never heard of these cookies being called 'blossoms'…Oh how I love that. Merry Christmas!

December 15, 2011 at 5:19 pm Reply
  • Sandra van Doorn

Tricia!! your photos are so beautiful i know you hear that over and over- but i can’t help it : i love coming here just to get my daily dose of beauty.
    AND i am glad to read i am not the only one eating while getting ready for Christmas! thanks for the recipy,
    xo sandra

December 15, 2011 at 5:20 pm Reply

FABULOUS!!! Your photography continues to amaze me! I've been given a 50mm prime lens but it doesn't autofocus with my camera so I'm playing and adjusting and learning. For Christmas the Hubs is getting me a 35mm prime lens that does autofocus. When I grow up I want to be able to shoot amazing photos like you! 🙂 I'm pinning! Oh and those cups…sigh!

December 15, 2011 at 5:23 pm Reply
  • Comeca Jones

The cup is so pretty.Love the photos.

December 15, 2011 at 5:25 pm Reply
  • Just B @ Love Where You Live

Hi Tricia – Your photos look "good enough to eat"! As always, beautiful pics. That cup is cute and perfect for hot chocolate (I'm not a coffee drinker either). These PB cookies are my family's favorite at Christmas too. Will have to get some made next week. Have a great day! 🙂

December 15, 2011 at 5:27 pm Reply
  • Sylvia

Such a delicious , cheerful , kinda happy , jolly post … I love these ckookies and the cups are fabulous ( for invigorating the Christmas spirit ) …Thank you for the perfect photos ! Enjoy !

December 15, 2011 at 5:40 pm Reply
  • Tereza

mmm you lucky girl, this looks so delicious!!! thanks for sharing the recipe I've had these before and loved them 🙂

December 15, 2011 at 5:46 pm Reply
  • Mira

I will start baking this weekend so I have less time to eat it! 🙂 Your cups are lovely and they match your towels too! Anyway, I am interested in that white wood background in one of the photos. Is that your table? If so, would you consider sharing a photo of it? I am furniture hunting these days and constantly looking for nices ideas (and your design ideas are just great!)

December 15, 2011 at 6:04 pm Reply
  • Pünktchen

LOVE your pictures and your blog!
    just beautiful!

nora

December 15, 2011 at 6:18 pm Reply
  • A Cozy Cottage in the City

Oh my dearest Tricia! You don't know how much I really enjoy your posts!!! 🙂 I know that whenever I click on your link on my blog sidebar, it will not disappoint! 🙂 Your pics and recipes are just yummy to say the very least! 🙂 And you know what, I too have been eating waaay TOO MUCH for the holidays – I can tell because my jeans are fitting a little too tight around the waist as of late! lol So like you, I've decided to join a local gym BEFORE the New Year's to help out with this extra weight! lol But I really don't care for now, because I really want to enjoy the holiday season before it's over all too fast! Hugs & Happy Holidays to you!!!

XOXO's,
    Jessie

December 15, 2011 at 6:24 pm Reply
  • Marie

I love those red and white cups. Stunning pictures indeed. Love it all!

December 15, 2011 at 6:45 pm Reply
  • jessica

Ummm thanks for those gorgeous, low fat, tempting cookies!! I think I will make these!!

Merry Christmas!!

~*Jessica

December 15, 2011 at 6:46 pm Reply
  • augcott

Thanks for the recipe.
    I adore that coffee mug! Absolutely wonderful!
    Love your photos.
    Merry Christmas to you!

December 15, 2011 at 6:46 pm Reply
  • Coastal Cottage Dreams

Tricia:

Love your blog! Your cafe au Lait cups are so cute. Your cookies look so good that I could take a bite!

Happy Holidays!

December 15, 2011 at 6:47 pm Reply
  • Ashley

Peanut butter blossoms have got to be one of the best cookies around, I'm sure I could eat 2 dozen to myself (probably because I have haha) Anyhow, super cute cups! Wishing you a lovely Christmas Xoxoxo ~Ashley

December 15, 2011 at 6:48 pm Reply

Love the cups and the cookies look so yummy too! Have a good day..

December 15, 2011 at 7:16 pm Reply

Ahhh such sweet cups, I would fall instantly in love with them too. And those cookies…yummalicious!! Enjoy these final days of Christmastime!!

December 15, 2011 at 7:21 pm Reply
  • Sandi

Your photos are truly a work of art Tricia!! You just reminded me that I have kisses to make those cookies! 🙂 Thanks for the heads up! lol
    Blessings~

December 15, 2011 at 7:24 pm Reply
  • camelia danielescu

I will try it , that's for sure ! 🙂

December 15, 2011 at 7:44 pm Reply

What beautiful cookies and the festive cups are so gorgeous.

December 15, 2011 at 7:56 pm Reply
  • hootnonny

I love the cups! And the cookies and kisses scream "Christmas!"

December 15, 2011 at 8:45 pm Reply
  • Pattie

Tricia you rock with all your wonderful recipes OH and your photos, Just to let you know, The cookies that are in the jars at my house are almost gone.. So don't feel bad…

December 15, 2011 at 8:55 pm Reply
  • Polly

my husband's favorite cookies! these photos have just inspired to bake. I dislike cooking so much, but you make it all look so pretty! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Polly

December 15, 2011 at 9:02 pm Reply
  • Anne Lorys - Fiona and Twig

Mmmmmm, I make and love those cookies, too.
    But they've never looked as pretty as yours!

XOXO,
    Anne

December 15, 2011 at 9:04 pm Reply
  • Kim @ Savvy Southern Style

Tricia, I used to make those cookies each year when the kids were kids at home. I do love them. Know what you mean about the goodies and the body. My oh my do I need to do something. I do wish you would do some photography how to posts some time. I want to know what settings you use to get these shots.

December 15, 2011 at 9:31 pm Reply
  • Blueberry

Looks so delicious! And beautiful photography as always!;)
    hugs,
    Ira

December 15, 2011 at 9:45 pm Reply
  • Tamar SB

What's better than a pb cookie? A pb cookie with a hershey kiss on top! Yum!

December 15, 2011 at 10:01 pm Reply
  • Ellie

Great pictures – I really love your cup it is so pretty and those cookies look wonderful.

December 15, 2011 at 10:09 pm Reply
  • Vickie @ Ranger 911

I just made those cookies at my daughter's house and neglected to bring any home. Oh well, I'll just have to make another batch for me.

Those red & white cups are so fun!

December 15, 2011 at 10:19 pm Reply
  • Tanya@takesix

Have no fear…you are in good company. I'm not finished shopping yet and haven't wrapped a thing!!! Beautiful pictures!! Your cookies look so yummy, and I love your cups.

December 15, 2011 at 10:21 pm Reply
  • Kim Stevens

These are one of my favorites, and can't wait til I have some time next week to make them. Your photos are beautiful!!

December 15, 2011 at 10:23 pm Reply
  • Robin

Yummmy! Yummy! I haven't made them in years. Where a peanut butter ball family here instead.

Funny that you don't drink coffee. Me either, I like the idea of it, just not the taste – ugh!

December 15, 2011 at 10:35 pm Reply
  • Rachel Pallas

LOve your adorable mugs and the cookies look scrumptious! lol I need to join the Y too!! 🙂
    xoxoxo Rachel

December 15, 2011 at 11:34 pm Reply
  • Kristen

Those cups are amazing, I want those for Christmas!

– and some of those cookies as well!

Xoxo

December 15, 2011 at 11:54 pm Reply
  • lisa

Nothing quite so perfect as chocolate and peanut butter!!
    I am pretty much all set for Christmas, except for the wrapping, also. Hopefully I'll get to it soon!
    These are beautiful photographs Tricia.

December 16, 2011 at 12:22 am Reply
  • Stacey@A Sort Of Fairytale

oh, those cups are just so adorable and the cookies are one of my faves! your photography is stunning, I'm a new follower here…thank you for the lovely inspiration!

December 16, 2011 at 12:31 am Reply
  • La Vie Quotidienne

What a pretty cup and perfect for warm beverages at holiday time. Another round of beautiful photos. So pretty.

Merry Christmas!

December 16, 2011 at 1:20 am Reply
  • IMPRESSION "ein lebensgefühl-emotion of life

WOW.. delicious looks so beautiful and yummy!!!!
    Hugs,
    Elvira

December 16, 2011 at 1:41 am Reply
  • Kelly

These are my youngest's favorite….what's not to love about peanut butter and chocolate! Your photos are just picture perfect.

December 16, 2011 at 1:42 am Reply
  • Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage

It's such a treat visiting you Tricia! I love your e-zine with it's very professional photos. I just wish you got paid big bucks for it too! haha. But you do spread a lot of joy. I love your new kitties.

December 16, 2011 at 1:53 am Reply
  • Lisa @ Lisas Creative Designs

Hi! I am visiting from Feathered Nest Friday. I saw your cup and just had to stop by. I just ordered a set of thise cups from Through The Country Door. I LOVE them. My set actually came with few different patterns. My Mom always made Peanut butter blossoms for Christmas when I was a kid and now I make them with my daughter. It wouldn't be Christmas without them!

December 16, 2011 at 2:07 am Reply
  • Blondie's Journal

These cookies look delicious…I make blossoms with shortbread…lots of buttah!! I wish we lived closer, I'd go to the Y with you! Then we could bake to our hearts content!

Love the pretty cups…I rarely make it past the first few pages of Garnet Hill before I start looking at the clothes and feeling like I'll never look as good as those pretty ladies do! lol!

Don't feel bad about getting things done a little late. Bake and do the fun things! The rest will come along, that's the excitement of Christmas!

XO,
    Jane

December 16, 2011 at 2:12 am Reply

I'm positively in love with the red and white cups… Those cookies don't look too shabby either!

December 16, 2011 at 3:12 am Reply
  • Amy Kinser

The cookies look delicious. Those are a fav in our home also. Love the cups too. It's always fun to drink coffee from a fun or pretty cup.

Blessings to you.

December 16, 2011 at 4:35 am Reply
  • Linda R.

Boy do those look good.. I think I just gained 5lb just looking at them.. Your photos are so gorgeous.. They always have such a homey feel. I love that!

Hugs, Linda

December 16, 2011 at 5:38 am Reply
  • Caroline

My all time favorite xmas cookie! Gorgeous photos too!

December 16, 2011 at 6:04 am Reply
  • Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops}

I love those cookies! I think I'm vetoing the normal traditional "Santa Cookies" we usually make and going with these this year 🙂 Your decor and pictures are lovely!

December 16, 2011 at 8:07 am Reply
  • Betty Manousos@ Cut and Dry

i LOVE your images!
    the composition is extremely stunning!
    i love how creative you are.

those cups are the perfect ones for xmas!

loving your blog!

December 16, 2011 at 8:11 am Reply
  • AJ

Hmmmm looks yummie! The cup with the chocolate milk is so pretty…beautiful styling…

December 16, 2011 at 9:49 am Reply
  • mrshinesclass

That looks soooo yummy. Love the cups!
    Please come share more rosy notes at my Show & Tell link party. It starts on Wednesdays each week at mrshinesclass.wordpress.com

Sharon

December 16, 2011 at 10:38 am Reply
  • Antique Paperie

Tricia I am loving those Cafe au Lait mugs! Coffee cups are one of my favorite things. When I find new ones I am slightly giddy. And I cannot wait to try that recipe – something the kids will love over the Holidays I am sure. Like many of the ladies who commented, I am just here to get my daily dose of inspiration and look at the beautiful photography! My day is always better when I visit you.

Merry Christmas! {P.S. Christmas Cards? What are those? lol. I don't send them anymore, I just E-Card! maybe next year…}
    xoxo Sher

December 16, 2011 at 3:43 pm Reply
  • Between You and Me

beautiful cups…
    beautiful pictures….
    delicious cookies!

December 16, 2011 at 9:48 pm Reply

Scrumptious post Tricia!
    Oh we have alot in common..cookies, cups, hot chocolate..all dee-lish!!
    Love the way you portray all these goodies!
    You sweet girl..thanks for this yummy recipe!
    December Blessings!!!

Deborah xoxooxoxox

December 16, 2011 at 11:41 pm Reply
  • Heaven's Walk

I think I gained 5 pounds just looking at your photos, Tricia. lol! I've been obsessing over cafe au lait cups lately, too….for some odd reason. (Still trying to figure that one out. hehehe!) Hugs to you, sweetie!

December 17, 2011 at 2:56 am Reply
  • Dear Lillie

Your photos are absolute perfection, Tricia! And now I am dying for one of those cookies!

December 17, 2011 at 3:52 am Reply
  • Linda Trine

I could just gaze at all these beautiful images for hours. I love how you compose them…and those cookies look scrumptious!

December 17, 2011 at 6:00 am Reply
  • Sherri

What a lovely post and the photos are gorgeous!! I love those cups!!

December 17, 2011 at 6:51 am Reply
  • deb duty

I'm in love with these photos! The cups are lovely and the cookies look so good. I want to try them. And I always test my cookies to make sure they're good! Thanks for linking up with this or that Thursday!

December 17, 2011 at 1:18 pm Reply

Really bad typo – so I am fixing my comment. 🙂

Hi Tricia-
    Beautiful yummy set! I love that way you lit these! You know I am a huge fan of backlighting. I would totally put those mugs in my cart if I saw them at a store – they are fabulous! Happy weekend Happy Holidays!
    Lara

December 17, 2011 at 2:04 pm Reply
  • Valerie@chateaualamode.typepad.com

These are one of my fave all time cookies anytime of the year.

December 18, 2011 at 12:48 am Reply
  • jacqueline

Dearest sweet tricia, i LOVE yoru gorgeous cups so much!! I want one too. 🙂 These cookies look so yummie. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe with us! Have a beautiful sunday sweet friend. Wishing you a wonderful festive time with your friends and family!! Love to you!

December 18, 2011 at 3:07 am Reply
  • My Beautiful World

Another beautiful post my friend love catching up with you.Sending you special wishes for a very Merry Christmas Day and look forward to keeping in touch in 2012

Always wendy

December 18, 2011 at 12:27 pm Reply
  • Blessed Serendipity

I love these cookies. Your photos have made my mouth water.

xo,
    Danielle

December 18, 2011 at 6:12 pm Reply
  • kelly

Love the cups, Tricia

It's warm here for our Christmas, but that doesn't stop me having a yummy hot chocolate.

Kelly

December 19, 2011 at 1:54 am Reply
  • Kathy

It is hard not to over do it during the holidays! Your cookies and Cafe au lait look delicious! Marvelous pictures!
    Kathy

December 19, 2011 at 5:40 am Reply
  • Deb

Super cute cups Tricia! I too could look at your photo's all day…so gorgeous…every single one! Happy Holidays! ~Deb~

December 19, 2011 at 5:55 am Reply
  • Marias Teater

Lovely to be here, Tricia. Your photos are amazing and sweet and technically splendid – all at the same time!

December 19, 2011 at 8:29 am Reply

Coffe or hot chocolate, all goes well with those yummy cookies.
    And the cups are very fun. Love the images.
    Great week.

December 19, 2011 at 12:58 pm Reply

Ciao Tricia! 🙂
    Lovely photos, as usual. I am in love with the first one, it would make a beautiful greetings card! *wink wink*
    I love those red and white cups. It's always nice to drink coffee or tea or hot chocolate from a pretty cup like yours.

December 19, 2011 at 1:14 pm Reply
  • Donna

OMWord Girl!Hahaaa….This all looks so Good!
    My hubby likes to bake cookies, so much so that I think I'm going to turn into one!
    Merry Christmas friend…Your photos are SO beautiful!
    hughugs

December 19, 2011 at 3:40 pm Reply
  • Sweet Young Journey

Hi Tricia! How are you? Happy Holidays to you and your family!
    Oh, what a yummy post! Your photos looks so beautiful! I hope I get the chance to make some.
    I'm off to catch up on the rest of your blog!
    hugs, Cheryl

December 21, 2011 at 1:40 am Reply
  • Linda

This post is just delicious looking, Tricia! Love your wonderful cups…and the cookies and hot chocolate…well I'll just say eating half a dozen would be no problem lol!

December 21, 2011 at 6:15 am Reply
  • culturafemenina

Those cokies look delicus!!!..great for my afternoob snack…hot chocolate and heaven…Lovly post and blog. iela

December 21, 2011 at 6:50 pm Reply
  • Sandy

one of my favorite posts of all! those cups! and those cookies and the red, just perfect. I don't drink coffee either, just an occasional Starbucks decaf of something now and then. Now I'm drooling for cookies lol they look so yummy. I have a Y membership too, I mainly only use it for swimming and the sauna, showers of course. You will love having it! Check out the Zumba classes where I went to one and appeared as Lucille Ball! uggggg

Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family ♥

December 21, 2011 at 8:23 pm Reply
  • Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic

What a treat to have the cafe au lait and a cookie! Your photos look amazing, as always.

~Shanon

December 22, 2011 at 1:46 am Reply

I love your cups. They are so festive and perfect for hot chocolate…you are a girl after my own heart. The cookies look delicious! I have been indulging a little too much in the cookie jar too. Oh well, it's Christmas and it's time to be festive and celebrate.
    I wish you and your family a very, very Merry Christmas and all the joys of the season.

December 22, 2011 at 5:29 am Reply
  • urbanascidades

Tricia, I wish you, your family and all visitors to your blog a Merry Christmas. Take this opportunity to announce that January 02 Urbanascidades debut in 2012, the same … but different.
    Paulo Bettanin.

December 22, 2011 at 10:39 am Reply
  • Courtney ~ French Country Cottage

SO gorgeous Tricia~ I love your beautiful photos and yum on the cookies!! I agree- peanut butter and chocolate- YUMMM YUMMM YUMMM!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours and thanks for sharing at FNF!

December 22, 2011 at 7:54 pm Reply