Oh Sunny Day!

Hello sweet people. Happy Tuesday to you! I hope you’re all having an amazing week.
So far, so good here. As I’m sitting here typing this, there are glimmers of sunlight just peaking over the trees…little bands of light are sprinkling themselves over all the leaves and flower buds that are growing fresh and new. Oh, it looks wonderful!  It’s been kind of dreary and I feel like I’m craving some rays.
One of the things I love about spring, in addition to the sunny days and warmer weather, are all the pretty flowers that are coming into season. Ranunculus is one of my favorites…along with big, beautiful peonies and heavenly-scented lilacs. I got a few flowers the other day, along with that little vase. I’m really loving the pink and turquoise color combination…I’m going to remember that for future photos.
I always look forward to all the trees that flower during springtime too, don’t you? A few weeks ago, on my facebook page, I talked about how we had a few chilly nights and I figured my trees wouldn’t end up to bloom. Well, my plum tree never did, but my snowdrift crabapple tree has surprised me with a few pretty, white blossoms. Oddly they seem to be all on one side of the tree though…luckily it’s the side I can see 🙂

I’m still trying to figure out what to do about a garden. I really want to see some veggies growing outside, in addition to all the pretty flowers. I can just imagine their yumminess, not to mention how interesting the whole process would be for my children. The Mister isn’t really jumping into action as far as my outdoor plans are concerned…I’ll figure something out though.

Anyway, time’s just ticking along over here. I feel like I’m busy with a whole lot of nothing…mostly cleaning, organizing and purging. I’m having a hard time blogging lately. I don’t know if it has to do with the weather or what, but I’m feeling kind of restless and it’s hard for me to come up with things to share with you.
It was my birthday last weekend and I had thought about putting up a photo of myself since I never do that…maybe you could’ve guessed my age or something. LOL. Luckily, the smart part of my brain thought better of that idea. I have been thinking of doing a post on photography though, since I often get emails about that.  Maybe that will be next week’s topic.  What do you think?
Well, so long for now.  I have a hair appointment today.  The weather is always so glorious when I have to go to the salon…of course 🙂
xo Tricia

• Cottage and Broome

Your photos are beautiful, love the sweet vase with the ranunculus. I always wish those flowers lasted longer into the season. Only tipi on photography would always be welcomed! Laura

April 24, 2012 at 2:19 pm Reply
  • Cottage and Broome

That was, any tips on photography would be welcome. Hate went I hit publish to see I have typed something that does not make sense, sorry, Laura

April 24, 2012 at 2:21 pm Reply
  • Susan @ Afford Your Passions

Happy Belated Birthday, Tricia! I hope you had a lovely one.

I would love a blog post on photography – your blog is the prettiest one in my reader, and I love what you do with your flowers.

I'm glad that you didn't lose your blossoms with the chill!

April 24, 2012 at 2:29 pm Reply
  • tinajo

I'll go for tomatoes, we love that a lot in my family – but besides that I think I'll have mainly flowers this year. I've grown other veggies a couple of years but don't think I'll have time to take care of them this summer.

April 24, 2012 at 2:34 pm Reply
  • Lorrie

Your photos are indeed beautiful. Tips on getting so much light on your subjects would be most welcome.

April 24, 2012 at 2:35 pm Reply
  • A Pretty Life in the Suburbs

Happy Belated Birthday! You should have posted a pic of yourself! 😉
    I love ranunculus flowers so much – but I have never actually had a real live bunch of them! I can't find them anywhere here! As always, your photos are so inspirational and stunning!
    Jo-Anna

April 24, 2012 at 2:40 pm Reply
  • Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage

Lovely, lovely photos!! I ove pink and turquois/aqua too.
    I hope you had a very happy birthday!!
    Are the white flowers from your crab apple tree? I took my boys on a picnic at the forest preserve near our house and I took some photos of some white flowering trees. They smelled really good.
    I hope to plant some herbs soon!

April 24, 2012 at 2:41 pm Reply
  • Keeping it Cozy

I would love to read some tips on photography! Every time I visit I'm blown away by your beautiful photos.

April 24, 2012 at 2:42 pm Reply
  • Megan

Lovely pics of flowers! They all make me crave spring again 🙂

Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

April 24, 2012 at 2:50 pm Reply
  • Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop

What a simple…pretty post…thank you!!

April 24, 2012 at 2:51 pm Reply
  • michele

hi tricia.

your photography of the flowers just made my morning with their cheery vibe and luscious pink.

best to you, and happy tuesday!

michele

April 24, 2012 at 2:52 pm Reply
  • Juliana

О, які ж чудові фото!
    Просто неймовірні. Сповнені чарівною атмосферою, затишком і спокоєм…
    Бажаю гарного тижня!
    xoxo, Juliana

April 24, 2012 at 2:52 pm Reply
  • MRivas

Lovely photos! Those flowers are gorgeous and I love your lighting too.

April 24, 2012 at 2:53 pm Reply

Awwww, gorgeousness! ♥

April 24, 2012 at 2:53 pm Reply
  • Женя Joy_L

Happy Birthday to you!
    Your photos are wonderful, love them much!
    Hugs, Evgenia

April 24, 2012 at 3:03 pm Reply
  • Alabaster Rose Designs

Happy Happy Birthday Tricia!!~ I hope you had an amazing day!!~
    I would be absolutely thrilled to see you do a post on photography!!
    Your photos are always stunning and you are a true inspiration to me!!
    Have a lovely day!~
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

April 24, 2012 at 3:11 pm Reply
  • Kelly_Deal

Happy belated birthday! Your photos are gorgeous!

April 24, 2012 at 3:16 pm Reply
  • Sylvia

Happy birthday, Tricia! Be an inspiration for all of us.

April 24, 2012 at 3:32 pm Reply
  • Ticking and Toile

I think: since I was looking at your pictures & deciding if I should email you about what camera you use etc….and THEN saw your idea for a post…the answer it YES!! hehehehe! Your pics are amazing!!! Happy belated birthday! So fun to get the hair done huh? 🙂
    xoxo,
    Shellagh

April 24, 2012 at 3:34 pm Reply
  • jessica

Beautiful photos as always!! I am so loving all the bushes/trees in bloom right now!

Have a beautiful day Tricia 🙂

April 24, 2012 at 3:39 pm Reply
  • Rachel Pallas

So beautiful! Have fun at your hair appointment! xoxoxo

April 24, 2012 at 3:51 pm Reply
  • Angela

Gorgeous photos! I was so happy to see you had a new post today! I can stare at your images forever. Have you thought about selling notecards or greeting cards or prints?

April 24, 2012 at 3:59 pm Reply
  • kerrie of sea cottage

Its always so beautiful and light over here. Loveliness.

April 24, 2012 at 4:01 pm Reply
  • Svenja

i love the pink and turquoise combination :))
    i think its a good idea to do a photography post… i would be interested in that!
    have a nice evening tricia, hugs, svenja

April 24, 2012 at 4:19 pm Reply

Hi Tricia!
    Those flowers in the turquoise jar are so gorgeous! I love peonies and lilacs too.
    But I haven't noticed those around here…hmmmm, I'll have to look! 🙂
    I'd also love to see a post on photography since you excel at this gift.
    And a photo of you would be most welcome!
    Enjoy your hair appointmnet sweetie!

Deborah xoxoxooxoxo

April 24, 2012 at 4:57 pm Reply
  • Stephani Cochran

Just gorgeous! I hope you'll do a post about lighting. Your lighting is just always amazing.

April 24, 2012 at 5:14 pm Reply
  • Debby

Happy Birthday. I love your pictures. DOn't be afrid of posting your pictur. I think it helps to get to know one a little better.
    I hate to say this and maybe it is my computer………but I can haardly read the prit on your blog. It is so light. Maybe it is just me…..but I Love your blog.

April 24, 2012 at 5:28 pm Reply
  • Anne Lorys - Fiona and Twig

Gorgeous blooms! And you should absolutely post those pics of you, are beautiful!

April 24, 2012 at 5:38 pm Reply
  • Jo

Tricia – I know you didn't grow those ranunculus. Where did you buy them? I love them and can't find them. I thought maybe you got them at Trader Joe's but the last time I was there they didn't have any. Care to share? Your blog is beautiful.

April 24, 2012 at 5:54 pm Reply
    • Tricia

Hi Jo. I usually get my flowers from Bachman's 🙂

April 30, 2012 at 3:12 am Reply
  • Shannon

Your pictures are so gorgeous! Love these peeks into your beautiful Spring 🙂

April 24, 2012 at 6:29 pm Reply
  • Home and Lifestyle

Wonderful pictures…thanks for sharing!

Many hugs, Ingrid

April 24, 2012 at 6:43 pm Reply
  • Vickie @ Ranger 911

Our trees aren't in bloom just yet, but there are only a few little spots of snow left in the yard. I would love if you would share a photography post with us! Your ranunculus photos are pretty enough to frame and hang on the wall! Happy belated birthday!

April 24, 2012 at 7:15 pm Reply
  • Tereza

such beautiful photos, what a great time of year when all the flowers and trees start blooming!!
    happy week to you 🙂

April 24, 2012 at 8:24 pm Reply

Once again a beautiful post with lovely spring colors. Maybe you have spring fever? a common malady at this time of the year. If you are considering a post on photography and need more votes to convince you, my hand is raised. You have a very unique style of "styling" your photos. Maybe a post on styling with photography…huh?

April 24, 2012 at 8:37 pm Reply

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Hope you had a special Birthday.

April 24, 2012 at 8:40 pm Reply
  • La Vie Quotidienne

Happy Biurthday…I hope it was a good one with lots of fun celebration.

I would absolutely love for you to do some posts on photography, it would be wonderful.

Have a lovely day.

April 24, 2012 at 11:40 pm Reply
  • Ruth

A gorgeous set of pictures as always, I love Ranunculas, you always set up your still life so well 🙂

April 25, 2012 at 12:22 am Reply
  • i.ikeda

Happy belated birthday! I agree with you on the turquoise and pink combination – it's a winner. You know, we've had snow the past couple of days, snow. But still our apple trees have blossomed and they look as pretty as your pictures show. Also, you should definitely plant some veggies! I did that last summer for the first time, and oh my. Can I just tell you how delicious the homemade salsa and tomato sauces were? Amazing. My daughter also loved taking care of and picking up the veggies (we had carrots, tomatoes, green onions and cucumbers in ours). I recommend it.

April 25, 2012 at 1:29 am Reply
  • Cathy

you inspired me to buy these flowers today for the first time. well i found out quick that they are a challenge to photograph! they want to flop over and face downward, that doesn't make for a good photo : ) as usual, yours look beautiful and soft, and the blossoming tree photo is so bright and cheerful and lovely.

April 25, 2012 at 2:31 am Reply

What beautiful flowers, Tricia! You always take the most lovely photos! Your header looks so sweet, too! Hope your birthday was wonderful!

April 25, 2012 at 4:37 am Reply
  • DREAMS ON 34th STREET ~ French Bread & Family

Happy Birthday,Tricia!
    Your post and photos are lovely today! So pretty and bright!
    We would love to see photos of you! Do share!
    Enjoy your hair day!
    ~Lynne
    w/L.

April 25, 2012 at 5:08 am Reply
  • Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage

Happy Birthday! Love that picture of gorgeous blossoms. Spring is for sunshine and daydreaming. But it's nice you took time for some beautiful shots!

April 25, 2012 at 5:24 am Reply
  • Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee)

Happy Birthday!
    Also, it was my little one's B'day on last weekend 🙂
    Very beautifully written and amazing shots! Any tips on photography would be welcome.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

April 25, 2012 at 9:14 am Reply
  • lisa

As always, such beautiful photographs Tricia!
    I think we all get to "stuck" times at one time or another. For me, it usually happens when I simply have too much that I need or want to do, as it seems to pass when things slow down.

I would love to read a photography post written by you!
    Wishing you a wonderful day ahead!
    xo.

April 25, 2012 at 11:18 am Reply
  • Maria at inredningsvis.se

LOVELY PICS:)in every post..Im a strawberry addict mmm:)
    I really like your blog and I want to follow but I dont see twitter or facebook in here??

If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
    Have a great week.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

April 25, 2012 at 11:34 am Reply

I love this time of year also.. But here in the desert it goes by to quickly and before you know it the weather outside will be to hot to enjoy. But for today I am loving it.. Such pretty photos..

Hugs, Linda

April 25, 2012 at 1:53 pm Reply
  • IMPRESSION "ein lebensgefühl-emotion of life

Hi Tricia
    I love your post!!!!!!!
    So beautiful!!!
    Love,
    Elvira

April 25, 2012 at 2:27 pm Reply
  • cathy @ ma vie trouvée

Happy Birthday a little late! Oh yes tips on photos – I have been waiting for you to offer an on-line class : ) Gorgeous photos this post – always!

April 25, 2012 at 2:50 pm Reply
  • A Cozy Cottage in the City

Hi sweet Tricia! Happy Belated Birthday to you once again!!! I LOVE your images – your blooms are gorgeous, not to mention all the vibrant colors in your pics! I'm also thinking about growing veggies in our backyard…but I'm such a beginner in gardening, that I'm a bit reluctant. I'm just starting to grow blooms…do you have any advice for the novice gardener like me? Especially in regards to those pesky little bugs that seem to creep up on my growing blooms?!?! Do you use organic sprays, or regular old insecticidal sprays?!?! lol Hope all is well over there!!!

Hugs from here,
    Jessie

April 25, 2012 at 3:33 pm Reply

Beautiful indeed….you need to tell me your photography secrets…BEAUTIFULLLLLLLL

April 25, 2012 at 6:02 pm Reply
  • Nancy

Happy Birthday! Lovely vignettes as usual, Tricia.

April 25, 2012 at 9:51 pm Reply
  • Katherines Corner

Happy belated birthday ( I hope you get your birthday wish) Happy spring! Hugs! P.S> I hope you will join us at the hop tomorrow 🙂

April 26, 2012 at 1:21 am Reply
  • Miniature Patisserie Chef

Happy Belated Birthday! I got to know your blog through a friend Jacqueline. I adore your blog and photos! Ranunculus is becoming one of my favourite flowers too!

Pei Li

April 26, 2012 at 1:46 pm Reply
  • Donna

Would LOVE a post about photography! Your's is Always gorgeous!
    My hubby isn't too keen on planting either…I guess I just need to get Out there and get busy…
    Happy week!
    hughugs

April 26, 2012 at 2:01 pm Reply
  • Donna

Oh, PS!! Happy Late Birthday!!

April 26, 2012 at 2:01 pm Reply

A Very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! Your blossoms look beautiful and larger than most ranunculus…they are beautiful. I think most of us have spring fever and are having a problem staying at our computers and blogging. I think with warm weather and sunshine we all need to take more time outdoors and enjoy the gifts of nature more.
    I hope you had a very special and happy birthday celebration.

April 26, 2012 at 11:31 pm Reply
  • The Artful Diva

These photos are so bright, colorful and happy – I'm blown away!

April 27, 2012 at 12:20 pm Reply
  • Sandra van Doorn

oh Joyeux Anniversaire! hope you had a wonderful day ( well we know it was sunny!)
    a post about photography would be great. inspire us!!
    xo sandra

April 27, 2012 at 1:29 pm Reply
  • Sandra van Doorn

and. i didn’t have to come back for this, we all know it already: your photos are just gorgeous.

April 27, 2012 at 1:30 pm Reply

Tricia,
    Hope you had a lovely Birthday.
    Your flowers are just lovely.

April 27, 2012 at 1:35 pm Reply
  • Meisha.Style

these are so pretty!!! happy.birthday. =)

April 27, 2012 at 10:50 pm Reply
  • Sandy

Your photography is stunning! I say post some tips about photogtraphy next week. Hope your had a lovely birthday. Wishing you a beautiful year

April 28, 2012 at 1:57 am Reply
  • Bohemian

Your Springtime Images are a breath of fresh air! Just Beautiful! We tend to move from Winter right into Summer heat here in the Desert… our temps are already past 100 degrees…

Blessings from the Arizona Desert… Dawn… The Bohemian

April 29, 2012 at 7:41 am Reply
  • Nely

Your photo is so adorable,so fresh..
    Many hugs,Nely!

May 1, 2012 at 2:36 pm Reply
  • Ellie

Such pretty pictures of those lovely flowers. I would really like a photo tip post if you are doing one.
    I hope you had a lovely birthday.

May 1, 2012 at 10:28 pm Reply

forward to your photo
    tips!!

Happy Tuesday,
    xo Suzanne

May 2, 2012 at 12:41 am Reply

Hi Tricia!
    Oh do try both the ginger cookie recipe and the french bread recipe I blogged about. So delicious! And yes, my healthy eating regimen kind of got blown today. 🙂

May 2, 2012 at 5:42 am Reply
  • CV Love

So beautiful!!!

May 2, 2012 at 4:42 pm Reply

Such an absolute delicious treat for the eyes . . .

May 3, 2012 at 1:14 am Reply
  • Caroline

I love the feminine feel of your photos…always so pretty! I know what you mean about coming up with new things to blog about! It's not easy. Hope the waether is sunny and beautiful in your neck of the woods!

May 3, 2012 at 1:08 pm Reply
  • Cindy Garber Iverson

Turquoise and pink is one of my favorite color combos! I'm looking forward to seeing what compositions you come with in the future. I'd also love to read about your photography experiences. It's always a treat to read about someone else's process.

Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

May 4, 2012 at 3:41 am Reply
  • Special 'K'

I so adore visiting your beautiful place. I love your pics they are gorgeous. Thanks ever so much for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

May 5, 2012 at 7:56 pm Reply
  • Michelle

Happy belated birthday. Beautiful photos as always…I love the one of your crabapple tree!

May 7, 2012 at 6:15 pm Reply
  • Rosemary Aubut

Gosh Tricia, simply gorgeous! So pleasurable to view!

May 9, 2012 at 11:38 am Reply
  • LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious

Tricia,
    I cannot get over how AMAZING your photos and photography skills are. You have found your niche for sure. I'm surprised some magazine hasn't snatched you up to be their official photographer and set designer.

I always smile when I visit Y♥U.

♥Lee Ann