And Now for Something Yummy

You know how I always say that I need to quit eating sweets and baking things because then I want to eat them? Well, it doesn’t seem to be working. I made cobbler three times this week, which also means that I ate cobbler three times this week too.
In my defense, I was trying to get the recipe just right. Happily, the third time was a charm, so now I can move on to eating something else like, I don’t know, maybe more salad.

The weather here has been sooo wonderful! Nice and warm and sunny. Oh, how I love it! It makes me feel like having a picnic…but taking food photos outdoors is the closest I’ve gotten. My daughter really likes picnics too, but she absolutely adores blueberries so there wasn’t going to be any picnics with these desserts. No…she wanted to eat her share the moment they were done. When she saw me gathering up my photo supplies, she sternly said, “Only take ONE photo, Mommy!”
I’ve never really thought of myself as a blueberry-lover. Growing up I remember my uncle looking forward to wild blueberry picking season. I don’t know that I’ve ever noticed blueberries growing anywhere all nestled in amongst the flora and fauna. Perhaps I haven’t really been looking as well as I should have…I do know there are a few patches of rosy raspberries here and there up at the lake though.

In any case, I really love how this blueberry cobbler turned out. Here’s the recipe if you want to try it too.
Blueberry Cobbler
Makes four individual servings.
          Fruit Mixture

• 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 tbsp. butter, melted
First prepare the fruit mixture. In a small container, melt butter and then stir in vanilla and lemon juice. Pour the mixture over the blueberries and stir gently. Divide blueberries among four ramekins. Top each portion with 1/2 tsp. of sugar.
For the topping, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla, milk and melted butter. Add the wet mixture to the dry. Divide dough into four portions and spoon on top of blueberries. Sprinkle dough with a little sugar, if you like. Place ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees until the crust is golden, which is approximately 25 minutes. Serve slightly warm with whipped cream.
•  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •
I hope you all have a wonderfully happy and sunny weekend!

• tinajo

I don´t blame you for eating this three times – looks delish! 🙂

May 18, 2012 at 12:12 pm Reply
  • Home and Lifestyle

Ohhh…delicious, I would like to try this and give you my compliments :)!

Happy weekend!

May 18, 2012 at 12:12 pm Reply
  • Nic.

They look so good I think I can eat them everyday for a week! Oh do keep baking! 🙂

May 18, 2012 at 12:25 pm Reply

Such beautiful photos – makes me want to sit outside on the grass and eat those delicious looking desserts . . .

May 18, 2012 at 12:48 pm Reply
  • Sarah

Life is too short not to eat all the delicious things we can! 🙂
    My father has a blueberry farm and the best times of my life were during picking season when we would get up early and pick the fields by hand. We would be purple for 2 months! I'm always looking for a new cobbler recipe…we all have our own and it's fun when we get together to try each others.
    Hope you are enjoying this beautiful spring!

May 18, 2012 at 12:50 pm Reply
  • * V.Lieblich *

I love your blog your pictures are always so beautiful
    Thanks for the recipe
    ♥Doris

May 18, 2012 at 12:56 pm Reply
  • Blueberry

I have to try this recipe as soon as possible!:)))
    Thanks for sharing;)

May 18, 2012 at 1:07 pm Reply
  • Susan @ Afford Your Passions

That looks yummy – I love cobbler!

Have a wonderful weekend, Tricia!

May 18, 2012 at 1:15 pm Reply
  • Considerations

Thank you for the recipe, those look delicious! I need to stop baking all these delicious things too one day lol. I love your blog… beautiful pictures!
    Enjoy your weekend ~ Phanit

May 18, 2012 at 1:27 pm Reply

I have been thinking of putting
    in some blueberry bushes. My
    dad grows them out in Washington
    and they are absolutely amazing
    fresh off the bush! Blueberries
    are SO good for you, too. This
    looks delish….!

xo Suzanne

May 18, 2012 at 1:40 pm Reply
  • DREAMS ON 34th STREET ~ French Bread & Family

Tricia,
    Your images…just beautiful. The recipe is the sugar on top!
    Have a lovely weekend!
    ~Lynne
    w/L.

May 18, 2012 at 2:06 pm Reply

Hello sunshine!
    I love your bluberry photos…beautiful!
    The cobbler looks great and I agree with you; you have to make (and eat) these recipes a few times, to make sure to get them right on. (Lol)
    I love sweets so I can truly understand.
    I have never been a big fan of blueberries by themselves, but I adore blueberry jam, muffins, cobblers, fruit crisps, cheesecake, pancakes…and on and on..I'm getting hungry!!! Lol
    Your photos belong in magazines my dear friend..they are stunning and so mouth-watering.
    Have a great weekend dear friend..enjoying all the things you love to do!
    I'm enjoying being with my son down south!
    He's at work until early afternoon, so I'm loving some quiet time while I wait for him.
    We're headed to Niagara when he returns! Oh such fun; and the photo opportunities!
    Love to you Tricia!!!!!
    Hugs 🙂

All my love,
    Deborah xoxoxooxox

May 18, 2012 at 2:32 pm Reply

So special and made even more so by the lovely photos and the bonus recipe!!

May 18, 2012 at 2:35 pm Reply
  • Sandy

Mmmmmm looks yummy! I've always been a blueberry lover and have them quite often in my smoothies too. I planted a blueberry bush last spring and it's nowhere in sight lol. I wonder whatever happened to the poor thing? hmmmmmm

May 18, 2012 at 2:52 pm Reply
  • Rebecca

Oh this looks wonderful. I'm sooo going to try and make this for my hubby! Thanks for sharing~

xoRebecca

May 18, 2012 at 3:11 pm Reply
  • i.ikeda

Ooooohhhhhh, I can't wait to try this! I love blueberries and I love cobbler. Yum! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

May 18, 2012 at 3:30 pm Reply

Well, I most certainly am a blueberry lover. Have the frozen variety every morning on my breakfast cereal. You take such splendid photos of food.

May 18, 2012 at 3:38 pm Reply

Can you share? What I would give to have this for breakfast this morning. YUM

May 18, 2012 at 3:43 pm Reply
  • Jaymi

such beautiful pics!!! And I LOVE blueberries, I'll be making this for sure!

May 18, 2012 at 5:23 pm Reply
  • kerrie of sea cottage

Your photos are so beautiful that I can almost taste your cobbler! I will definetly try this recipe…looks delicious. We eat alot of blueberries. ox

May 18, 2012 at 5:24 pm Reply
  • Kristen

I think I'm going to come see you this weekend, I would love to spend time at your wonderful home! You could cook for me, and we could pick flowers, and you could teach me a few things about photography! You just have to most amazing pictures, they are all so beautiful!
    And I will have to try this out, my Blueberries are almost ready for pickin'!

Xoxo
    Just when you thought

May 18, 2012 at 5:35 pm Reply
  • einfallsReich

looks sooooooooooo delicious 😉 beautyful photos!!!
    all the best amy

May 18, 2012 at 5:40 pm Reply
  • Keeping it Cozy

This looks wonderful! We planted four blueberry bushes this year and look forward to fresh berries in the coming years…

May 18, 2012 at 6:09 pm Reply

Don't you know that recipe experimenting calories don't count? 😉

Beautiful photos and composing – I love how the dappled sunlight in the last image brings out the brilliance the baked blueberry juices. I have such a hard time with photographing blueberries, I probably need to get them outside. Enjoy your weekend!

May 18, 2012 at 6:11 pm Reply
  • Svenja

looks brilliant, i can understand you ate this three times this week 😀
    really nice pictures as always, you should publish a book with them!!!!
    hugs, svenja

May 18, 2012 at 7:16 pm Reply
  • The Rosegarden in Malevik

Oh,,,,sweet blueberry pie 🙂
    I`m hungry now 🙂
    The photos are just excellent …..
    and do not miss…..

F

it is fun 🙂
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

May 18, 2012 at 9:00 pm Reply
  • Ellie

Your blueberry cobbler looks really tasty. At least you are having one of your five a day of your fruit intake ;))
    Your pictures are wonderful – as usual :))

May 18, 2012 at 9:18 pm Reply

Tricia, this recipe looks delicious. I am definitely going to try it this weekend. I have been in the mood for a cobbler. I'm making strawberry shortcake tomorrow so I'll try your cobbler on Sunday. It is going to be a delicious weekend!!! Thank you for sharing your recipe.
    As always, your photos are beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend.

May 18, 2012 at 10:30 pm Reply
  • michele

let them eat cobbler!!!

this is something my grandma used to make, and i am nuts about blueberries so i am so glad you shared!

and muffins!

love to you.

michele

May 18, 2012 at 10:45 pm Reply
  • lisa.

Tricia, I just LOVE blueberry cobbler, and these look wonderful. I actually picked up some blueberries today. They were destined for a pie, but you can bet plans have changed! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe here.

Your photographs are just wonderful. I love the light on the berries in the second one. Truly so lovely.

Sending you wishes for a fantastic weekend!
    xo.

May 19, 2012 at 12:44 am Reply
  • Vickie @ Ranger 911

They look delish! I'm not much for the picking part of berries, but I do love to eat them. Maybe I'll have to break down and go to a berry farm. Fresh picked blueberries are so much better than the ones at the grocery store. Wild blueberries are even better.

May 19, 2012 at 2:38 am Reply
  • Courtney ~ French Country Cottage

Oh it looks absolutely delicious!!! Wish we lived close enough for me to pop over for a visit!! 🙂 xoxox, Courtney

May 19, 2012 at 3:19 am Reply
  • A Pretty Life in the Suburbs

Your photos make me want blueberry cobbler right now. This instant. Love it!
    Jo-Anna

May 19, 2012 at 3:30 am Reply
  • Nely

Ohhh it looks so delicious..I love so much blueberry cobbler:)
    Have a nice weekend:)

May 19, 2012 at 5:33 am Reply
  • jessica

Looks sooo yummy!
    Peach Cobbler is my favorite cobbler….
    sad to say, I've never tried any other flavor!!!

Might just have to break out the baking stuff 🙂

May 19, 2012 at 5:59 am Reply
  • Joasia

Now you see what you've done… you made me dribble all over the keyboard!!!
    Can't wait to try this when I have some time.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joasia x

May 19, 2012 at 11:20 am Reply

It looks yummy… I wishI had one right now with my coffee.
    Happy weekend.

May 19, 2012 at 11:28 am Reply
  • Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle)

This looks so yummy! I love blueberries so I think I might actually try this. Thank you!

May 19, 2012 at 5:58 pm Reply
  • hootnonny

Looks delicious…and blueberries are so healthy!

May 19, 2012 at 11:50 pm Reply

How mouthwatering, Tricia! Your photos are really wonderful! I am loving this wonderful weather, too!

May 20, 2012 at 12:28 am Reply
  • Kristi R Artisan Jewelry

yum…are you going to make these for me?

May 20, 2012 at 3:59 am Reply

Yumm.. I just love cobblers. My favorite is Peach. I have made it three time this season already. But I think I am going to have to give Blueberries a try..

Hugs~

May 20, 2012 at 7:55 pm Reply
  • Katherines Corner

Oh my taste buds are dancing!!!!!! xo

May 20, 2012 at 7:58 pm Reply
  • Meagan

Beautiful! These look perfect for a Memorial Day celebration!

May 21, 2012 at 2:27 am Reply
  • Maria at inredningsvis.se

AMAZING POST:) Your blog is so wonderful….I asked you a while ago if you have twitter or facebook??to follow you with.

If you want some décor inspiration from Sweden, check out my blog:)
    Have an awesome week.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

May 21, 2012 at 2:46 pm Reply
  • Donna

I Never liked blueberries until I got older…now I really like them!
    Your photos are Wonderful and extremely TEMPTING GIRL!!!Hahaaaa…
    hughugs

May 21, 2012 at 6:34 pm Reply

Looks delish, I'd love to try it! Thanks for the recipe. 🙂
    And thanks once again for sharing your wonderful photos! The composition and colors are always exquisite! I hope you have a good week! 🙂

May 21, 2012 at 10:04 pm Reply
  • Evelyn S.

Whether it's a flower…or wonderful home decor…or blueberry cobbler…your photos are unbelievably evocative, Tricia!

May 22, 2012 at 3:15 am Reply
  • Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop

Oh indeed that does look yummy!!! Having said that..I think you could make a pbj look like art work!!! x0x0

May 22, 2012 at 9:19 pm Reply
  • Stacey@A Sort Of Fairytale

I am definitely trying this! Looks so so yummy. My daughter will love it too. Brilliant photos!!

May 23, 2012 at 12:03 am Reply
  • TOWN COUNTRY HOME

That looks so good, beautiful pictures, I never tried to make cobblers (in fact I never heard of it I have to admitt)Thanks for sharing the recipe I will certaintly try to do my best … and I love blueberries 😉 Have a great weekend Carolina

May 23, 2012 at 7:29 pm Reply
  • Andrea

This looks absolutely amazing! And your photography is gorgeous as always =))

May 23, 2012 at 8:37 pm Reply
  • Sandra van Doorn

sorry i have been away, and i feel like i am bombarding you with comments, but… i love the light in these pictures. everything looks so real.

June 8, 2012 at 8:40 pm Reply
  • Simply Done

Can I make this and place in the fridge until ready to bake? It is lovely. I already tried the recipe and my entire family loved it. Just wondering the ubove. Thanks!

June 12, 2013 at 4:51 pm Reply
    • Tricia

I've never tried making it and placing it in the fridge prior to baking it, so I can't really say. I'm not very patient…I usually just want to make, bake and eat it right away 🙂

June 13, 2013 at 12:18 am Reply
  • Starting Anew

Hi there,
    Do you mind sharing what size these ramekins are? I'm inspired to buy some to try this recipe but am unsure of what size to buy. Thank you!
    Melissa

March 10, 2015 at 4:27 pm Reply
    • Tricia

They're approximately four inches wide 🙂

April 16, 2015 at 3:26 pm Reply