Freshening Up and Summer Fun

Hi everyone!! Oh, how I’ve missed you.

On the off chance you’ve been sitting around, wondering to yourself, “Gee, where’s Tricia?” let me tell you that my computer decided to quit working. And since I have a lame phone and no laptop, I’ve been in a state of limbo since my new computer arrived, which it finally did. Yay!!

Anyway, since I wasn’t spending time online, I freshened things up around my house a bit instead. I’d been keeping a watchful eye on my neighbor’s peonies…waiting…waiting…waiting for them to bloom so I could talk her out of a few. She happily obliged.

I actually took more than a few. I filled a big bucket full of blooms for my living room and then once they started to fade, I thinned them out and moved them into the dining room. Oh, aren’t peonies such a pretty flower?!

Okay, just so I can pretend this cute photo of my son is somehow related to all the other pictures in this post, I’ll tell you that the window to the dining room is right there behind him. See? Now it fits in with all the others 🙂

Oh, one last thing, I have to show you something new that I added to the dining room…our summer fun list. After I saw the one that Tara at Between You and Me made, I decided that we needed one too. My daughter sure loved that project. She was coming up with totally random things that had nothing to do with fun though…like that her brother couldn’t eat any apples. What? In her mind, he eats way too many apparently. A lot of the things on our list did seem to involve food. Doesn’t a s’more and picking fresh strawberries sound good?
I used a chalk marker to write out my list. Have you ever tried one of those? Wow..loved that thing. I got it from Tracy at Loving Pretty Thingsalong with a bunch of other goodies that I had won in a giveaway she held awhile back. Thanks, Tracy 🙂

Well, people, that’s that.  Hope you’re having a stellar week 🙂

I’m sharing my post at:
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Feathered Nest Friday

• einfallsReich

wonderful photos … love the third!
    all the best
    amy

June 14, 2012 at 7:52 am Reply
  • Tulla and Catie

I ♥ peonies! Unfortunately my peonies in the garden do not come into blossom, so I had to buy some…but it's worth it :-).
    I like your summer fun list, that is a good idea to motivate.
    Have a nice week,
    Barbara

June 14, 2012 at 7:54 am Reply
  • Bente

What a beautiful home you have. That peonies are gorgeous.

Have a great day

June 14, 2012 at 8:03 am Reply
  • tinajo

These pics are gorgeous and I love the flowers! 🙂

June 14, 2012 at 9:04 am Reply
  • Vibeke Sæther Svenningsen

Beautiful!!I love your pictures SO MUCH:))

Hugs from Vibeke in sunny Norway today!!

June 14, 2012 at 9:53 am Reply
  • Denise

Fabulous!

June 14, 2012 at 11:13 am Reply
  • Женя Joy_L

What a great idea with Summer Fun. Pions of course wonderful as all your photos

June 14, 2012 at 11:16 am Reply
  • Alice

Beautiful photos Tricia! I love peonies but have never grown any. When our kids were young we used to have a jar that held slips of paper for things to do–some involving work, and some just for fun. Otherwise the kids would lay around all summer. But now they are all grown with the youngest being 15 years old, and all she wants to do is hang out with friends.

June 14, 2012 at 11:50 am Reply
  • Susan

So glad to see you back, Tricia! I love the peonies.

I didn't know you had a son! I think that's the first picture I've seen of him 🙂 – I've seen your lovely daughter in a number of your posts, but this was a first!

Your pictures are gorgeous, as always!

June 14, 2012 at 11:51 am Reply
  • Vickie @ Ranger 911

So glad you're back! I was missing your gorgeous photos and you didn't disappoint me today. I've got to plant some peonies in our yard. I left them behind at our old house and I think they were mowed over. Who does that?! Your sone is adorable holding the black cat, which ties in nicely with the black chalkboard. Now I've got to go back to look at your pretty pictures one more time. :@

June 14, 2012 at 12:13 pm Reply
  • camelia danielescu

Great post , Tricia ! 🙂
    Great home , great flowers , kid and cat :)))

June 14, 2012 at 12:21 pm Reply
  • mariaidabenussi

very nice … *_*

June 14, 2012 at 1:02 pm Reply
  • Peaches & Maple

Hi Tricia! Yes, I missed your beautiful photos 🙂 Your peonies are so divine and that kitty cat looks exactly like mine!
    Cas x

June 14, 2012 at 1:13 pm Reply
  • Phanit from Considerations

I love the summer fun chalkboard! Your house has beautiful lighting and the peonies fit perfectly in there 🙂 And the pic of your son totally fits!

June 14, 2012 at 1:38 pm Reply
  • Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage

Yay, I always love getting to see photos of your beautiful home!
    The peony on the worn wood stool? Gorgeous!!!
    And your son is such a cutie!
    I hope you guys have the BEST summer!!

xoxo
    Lisa

June 14, 2012 at 1:44 pm Reply
  • Sylvia

Such a beautiful, positive and invigorating post, Tricia! I hope you feel the same way. Gorgeous photos and charming son 🙂 Good luck getting the activities on you summer fun list all done!

June 14, 2012 at 2:03 pm Reply
  • Butterbean Row

Beautiful peonies! Your photos are fantastic…next best thing to being there. I have peony envy. LOL The two corms that I planted have yet to be seen.

I love that you included your handsome son in your post.

All the best,

♥charlotte

June 14, 2012 at 3:07 pm Reply

Hello!
    Tricia, how are you?
    Peonies have been my fave flowers, they are gorgeous! Love your board!

June 14, 2012 at 3:26 pm Reply

I'm glad your computer woes are over. I've missed you. Your son is adorable!

June 14, 2012 at 3:26 pm Reply

So inspirational! Your dining room is to die for . . .

June 14, 2012 at 3:28 pm Reply
  • Hannah

Gorgeous pictures!

June 14, 2012 at 4:02 pm Reply
  • Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle)

Well, you were definitely missed! Glad it was just a computer issue and nothing more. Looks like you made good use of your time. Those peonies really are breathtaking. And your son is precious. Glad to see you back!

June 14, 2012 at 4:20 pm Reply
  • Rachel Pallas

soo beautiful!!! xoxo (now I need a chalk pen!) lol…

June 14, 2012 at 4:28 pm Reply
  • Kristi R Artisan Jewelry

Your pictures look like they are right out of a magazine! Oh, and my cute little buddy…and can't help but smile when I see his face!

June 14, 2012 at 5:27 pm Reply
  • LandHausLeben

Wonderful photos!! Best wishes, Carmen

June 14, 2012 at 5:30 pm Reply
  • Lisa Gordon

I was indeed wondering where you were!
    Ugh, computers! Isn't it amazing just how much we come to depend on these little things??

Your dining room looks beautiful, and what a handsome young man your son is.

I love the idea of a summer fun list. The kids must be so excited.

Gorgeous photographs as always Tricia! xo.

June 14, 2012 at 6:00 pm Reply
  • hootnonny

Too bad about the computer, but isn't amazing what one can accomplish w/o it! The peonies are beautiful…I particularly like the little peony holding the cat!

June 14, 2012 at 6:05 pm Reply
  • Olive Cooper

Your dining room and images are stunning. Your son and cat even more so.

June 14, 2012 at 8:02 pm Reply

I think we could all get a lot done if we stayed away from our computer's for awhile. Look what you accomplished!! Those peonies are stunning, ours are long gone. You always have such lovely vignettes.

June 14, 2012 at 8:41 pm Reply
  • Amy Kinser

Your flowers are gorgeous. Your dining room is gorgeous. Your photos are gorgeous. Your son is totally handsome!

We did a similar summer bucket list that I posted on a couple of posts ago. Such a fun project!

June 14, 2012 at 8:58 pm Reply
  • ℳartina @ Northern Nesting

Gorgeous pics!!

June 14, 2012 at 9:00 pm Reply
  • Liz - Imageremix

Well, you little break turned into a great post. I love that you worked in your son by the dining room window! What a cutie. I'm glad we got to see him. What a smile he has. A charmer for sure. All your images are intriguing. Such great photography! Hope you'll stop over and see me at Quirky Vistas. I'm following now.
    Liz

June 14, 2012 at 9:07 pm Reply
  • Cynthia

Beautiful pictures I love the flower = and the chandelier. I just think your table is beautiful too.

Cynthia

June 14, 2012 at 9:07 pm Reply
  • Ellie

You are right these peonies are really beautiful. What a nice neighbour you have :))
    Your home looks really nice – I love all of the white and lovely light you have there.
    So glad to hear you have a fully functioning computer again. Happy blogging :))

June 14, 2012 at 9:09 pm Reply
  • Tracy is ... Loving Pretty Things

how FUN your board is – and it is so beautiful with the chalk pen – SO glad you like it! xoxo

Of course those peonies are TO.DIE.FOR. and your styling is fabulous. HUGS! xoxo

June 14, 2012 at 9:27 pm Reply
  • chateau chic

Beautiful photos with the peonies. Love the idea of the summer fun list, and your son is adorable.
    Mary Alice

June 14, 2012 at 9:47 pm Reply

OH. What beautiful photos, Tricia! Your son is a cutie! Your dining room is so lovely…inside and out…and love the summer fun list!

June 14, 2012 at 10:12 pm Reply
  • Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage

It's always a pleasure to come by and see your beautiful rooms and photos. Your Summer Fun chalkboard is wonderful! I have to check out that marker. Great picture of your young fellow!

June 14, 2012 at 10:29 pm Reply
  • Anu@My Dream Canvas

Your pictures are beautiful as always!!! I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas. Have a great day. Anu

June 14, 2012 at 10:56 pm Reply

Tricia, your dining room is beautiful and the peonies are lovely. Both of your children are absolutely adorable. It's always so much fun to visit you. Beautiful photos. Have a great weekend.

June 15, 2012 at 12:13 am Reply
  • Fresh Vanilla For C

Hi Tricia~~ Your home is so beautiful and I just love all your photos. Those peonies are to die for. They dont grow here and they are one of my favs. They come to our market once a year and everyone is ready to grab them.
    Have a wonderful night and welcome back
    ~Cheryl

June 15, 2012 at 12:25 am Reply
  • Keeping it Cozy

Every time I see your dining room it looks even lovelier! The peonies are gorgeous and I imagine the entire house smelled wonderful. What a darling picture of your son!

June 15, 2012 at 1:29 am Reply

Beautiful Tricia….how about a trip to the new house to spruce things up for me:) Great to see a picture of your son and the sweet kitty! Hope your Summer is off to a great start.

No peonies in my new yard…just ordered a catalog to pick a few out:)

June 15, 2012 at 2:35 am Reply
  • Heaven's Walk

Seeing your beautiful peonies make me miss mine soooo much, Tricia! I cut my last ones last week. 🙁 But it was a wonderful year for them and I had them in every room of this old house. ♥

June 15, 2012 at 3:01 am Reply
  • Valerie@chateaualamode.typepad.com

Oh I'm so glad you're back. I hope you were able to enjoy your technology break. Your home looks so pretty. I love your shelving unit in your dining room. Is that new? I want one, I just don't really have a place for one 🙁 Never apologize for adding sweet photos of your children. They always fit in. He looks like a sweetheart. Have a great weekend.

June 15, 2012 at 4:28 am Reply
  • Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic

What gorgeous peonies your neighbor has! And so sweet to share them with you. I love the color of them. Your photos are as stunning as always.

~Shanon

June 15, 2012 at 4:47 am Reply
  • Danny

Beautiful!!

Danke für die wunderbaren Fotos!

Liebe Grüße von Danny

June 15, 2012 at 5:58 am Reply
  • Rainbow Gatherer

how lovely!
    you have a beautiful blog!
    I'll follow you.
    I'll be happy if you check out my blog and maybe follow back too 🙂

June 15, 2012 at 6:59 am Reply
  • Blueberry

I really like your summer dining room!;)

June 15, 2012 at 7:03 am Reply
  • cathy @ma vie trouvee

Welcome back – so glad to hear it was just a computer glitch! The peonies are beautiful, one my favorite flowers. What pretty photos of your home and love the chalkboard.

June 15, 2012 at 7:33 am Reply
  • Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique

Tricia, your photos are truly beautiful… as are your peonies. I only wish I could grow them here in Australia, but unfortunately they don't like tropical weather.

I'd love it if you'd consider sharing this post at Shabbilicous Friday ~ http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/shabbilicious-friday-156.html

June 15, 2012 at 8:24 am Reply
  • Apple Blossom Barn

Hello Tricia

You really know how to use a camera such gorgeous photos

Denise
    x

June 15, 2012 at 12:31 pm Reply
  • elena nuez

those pictures are just gorgeous, I loooove them!

thanks and a big hello from Spain,
    elena

June 15, 2012 at 2:39 pm Reply

So much gorgeousness! 🙂
    You son is adorable. Have a lovely weekend.

June 15, 2012 at 3:07 pm Reply
  • Alabaster Rose Designs

Simply beautiful Tricia!!~
    Your home and photos are always breathtaking!!
    I'll have to pop out and get me one of those chalk markers, too cool!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

June 15, 2012 at 4:12 pm Reply
  • Paige Thomas King

absolutely lovely. so clean and simple, with a such character. love it!

June 15, 2012 at 8:40 pm Reply
  • andrea@townandprairie

Your blog is so peaceful and serene. I love your colors in your little dinette. SO crisp and fresh! The peonies are the perfect topping. A new follower, Andrea

June 16, 2012 at 2:48 am Reply
  • Mira Crisp

I love, love peonies! I wish I could grow one in my front yard but they don't seem to do well in Florida. Did I tell you recently how much I love your photos? They are wonderful!

June 16, 2012 at 3:19 am Reply
  • BECKY

What absolutely lovely peonies! Your photos and styling are just divine, and your home is simply beautiful and so refreshing! Such a delight! I know it is a joy to you!
    Thank you for sharing your loveliness!
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Blessings,
    Becky

June 16, 2012 at 3:37 am Reply
  • Rosemary Aubut

Oh how I love peonies! You have captured them so well! What a treat to visit here and experience such beauty! Thanks Tricia! Your son is so handsome! Have a great day!

June 16, 2012 at 10:05 am Reply
  • DREAMS ON 34th STREET ~ French Bread & Family

So glad to have you back! Your images are as beautiful as ever! It was nice to go out into your garden and meet your son!
    ~Lynne
    w/L.

June 16, 2012 at 1:41 pm Reply
  • Pink Roses and Teacups

what a lovely display! I love peonies!! Your son is so cute!!

Debbie

June 16, 2012 at 5:12 pm Reply
  • TOWN COUNTRY HOME

Wonderful lovely pictures! Have a great weekend, Carolina

June 16, 2012 at 6:44 pm Reply
  • The Rosegarden in Malevik

Hi Tricia
    Oh my……that is a wonderful post 🙂
    peonies are almost like my roses….
    and do not miss…..

F
    F

it is FUN 🙂
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

June 16, 2012 at 7:28 pm Reply

Such gorgeous photos. Your sons photo just makes me smile. I do hope you are enjoying your summer..

HUgs~

June 16, 2012 at 11:34 pm Reply
  • A Shabby Moment in Time

Your photography is breathtaking and your dining room is just too beautiful for words. I'm pinning it on my PINTEREST boards as soon as I leave here.
    Blessings & hugs,
    Karen

June 17, 2012 at 12:14 am Reply
  • Georgianna

Hi Tricia! Well, this post and your beautiful photos are certainly adding fun to my list! The peonies are so perfect in your dining room – don't you wish you could have them all year? I wish I had such a neighbor, I must admit!

Thanks again for stopping by and wishing you a lovely Sunday.

June 17, 2012 at 5:17 am Reply
  • A Cozy Cottage in the City

Oh Tricia my dear! No matter how long I am away from blogland, your blog NEVER ceases to amaze me with your lovely photos and home whenever I stop in to visit!!! What can I say that I haven't already said…truly, truly BEAUTIFUL and inspiring! And I too have had "pretty pink peonies" on my mind. They were in my wedding bouquet when I got married in June, so whenever June comes around…I look for them at Trader Joe's bc unfortunately, I can't seem to grow them here! lol Anyway, you've now inspired me to have a vase full of these pretty blooms! Wishing you a lovely Father's Day weekend with your family!!!

Hugs,
    Jessie

June 17, 2012 at 11:11 am Reply
  • June

What a gorgeous post Tricia! As always, your photos make me swoon and seeing into your home is such a treat! Your home is amazing and when I get to see a new view I take it ALL in.
    I love peonies (as you know 🙂 and will be snapping away now that they are finally in bloom. I sure wish they bloomed at least twice a year.
    Your son is such a doll! I think his photo fits in more than perfectly.
    sending hugs…

June 18, 2012 at 1:39 am Reply

Beautiful and always awe inspiring!

June 18, 2012 at 12:14 pm Reply
  • Marina {Yummy Mummy)

I love when Peonies are in season. I just wish that season was longer. Beautiful photos!

June 18, 2012 at 2:24 pm Reply
  • Amalie loves Denmark

Dear Tricia,

thnaks a lot for your comment – I like the style of your pics, they are absolutely amazing!

Big hugs from Germany to Minnesota.

Amalie

June 19, 2012 at 5:12 am Reply
  • Gunnar H.

Hey! Many nice pictures and details in this blog; I´ll keep on following you 🙂

June 19, 2012 at 9:35 am Reply
  • Jane Smiles

Lovely photos!

June 19, 2012 at 12:22 pm Reply
  • Helene

Hi!
    Just stoping by for some inspiration!
    It's allways a great pleasure to wath your lovely photos!

Have a great Wednesday:o)
    Helene

June 19, 2012 at 10:19 pm Reply
  • Sandi

Beautiful photos of stunning peonies! I sure wish I had better luck growing them. I had ONE bloom this year. HA!
    Never heard of a chalk marker…you can write on a chalkboard with it?? Cool!!
    Blessings~

June 19, 2012 at 10:58 pm Reply
  • Dear Lillie

GORGEOUS peonies! How lucky you are to have such a generous neighbor =)…I want to move in nearby! I always love seeing shots of your dining room. And your son is adorable! Don't you just love those chalk markers? I have become addicted to them – haha!

June 20, 2012 at 4:10 am Reply
  • Debra @ Common Ground

Hi Tricia! so many things to love, especially that chalkboard! But I have a thing for black kitties, so that's such a great shot with your son, black kitties and cute kids go with any post. So glad you joined in, I'll be featuring this post on Vintage Inspiration tomorrow, xoxo

June 20, 2012 at 3:10 pm Reply
  • Donna

I haven't been around much either…life does get in the way, doesn't it?!!Hahaaa
    LOVE Peonies and your Son is So handsome!
    Happy Wednesday!
    hughugs

June 20, 2012 at 3:32 pm Reply
  • Olga

It's so lovely!

June 21, 2012 at 2:17 am Reply
  • jacqueline

Dearest sweet tricia, this is such a beautiful post and everything just make me smile!! I love all your gorgeous photo and also that really adorable photo of your son!! 🙂 Oh wow i love that Summer fun list in that gorgeous chalkboard!! LOVE LOVE LOVE. Happy summer sweet friend and love to you!

June 21, 2012 at 1:32 pm Reply
  • Cheryl

Your home is beautiful and I love all the WHITE…the pink is very pretty also. Peony's are my favorite spring flower so I'm with you on this one.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog…I'm just getting started and I really need to put more time into it. Time is what I'm lacking though…LOL
    Have a great day.

June 21, 2012 at 3:02 pm Reply
  • StyleKULTUR

Great pictures! I´m your newest followers! Can I put you on my bloglist?
    It would be a pleasure for me!
    xoxo

June 21, 2012 at 4:30 pm Reply
  • Cindy Garber Iverson

I LOVE peonies!!! You are so fortunate to have a neighbor that grows them! There's just something about them that's beyond the beauty of other flowers. And them look so fresh and summery in your gorgeous dining room. BTW your son is so handsome and the kitty is super cute.

Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

June 22, 2012 at 5:29 am Reply
  • Katherines Corner

I'm so very happy you are back. I'm swooning over these lovely images too. I planted peonies this year and we had three lovely blooms. I look forward to a full flowering bush of them.Computer stuff…yuck…glad things have worked out. I featured you on a post on Friday 🙂 xo P.S. the photo of your son and cat is precious too

June 23, 2012 at 1:37 pm Reply
  • Hayley

Love Peonies, they always make me think of my Mum because I remember how excited she was when the would bloom in our garden when I was a child.Your pictures are always so inspiring……….you should put together a coffee table book.I know it would always be on my coffee table xx

June 25, 2012 at 4:38 am Reply
  • Ana Cooks

I really am in love with your photography.
    Thank you so much for inspire me all the time!

June 25, 2012 at 10:46 am Reply
  • Cindy

Love your home! So pretty!! I really want that shelf!
    You photos are stunning as usual!

June 25, 2012 at 2:56 pm Reply
  • Lynda Naranjo

Love, love, love those peonies! I wish they lasted longer but they're beauty makes up for it. Loving your chalkboard and the summer fun list! Thanks for brightening my day, Tricia! xo

June 26, 2012 at 12:00 am Reply
  • einfallsReich

hey 😉 i`m just looking for a new post … how are you?
    hugs
    amy

June 27, 2012 at 9:32 am Reply
  • Between You and Me

I've been horrible at visiting this month….it's been all I can do to post halfway consistently…I guess that's what summer is all about!

Thanks for the shout out…I pinned your summer list.
    Next on my list???? A chalk paint marker!!!!

It looks so CRISP!

July 1, 2012 at 4:26 pm Reply
  • deb duty

That shade of pink with that shade of green is just so lovely! Beautiful images!

July 27, 2012 at 2:40 pm Reply
  • Eva (http://buildhousehome.blogspot.com.au/)

Your photo's are gorgeous!!! Trying to follow a pin from pinterest, can't find that one but found so many inspirational images. Love it!

February 28, 2013 at 3:03 am Reply