Flower Power

Hi everyone!  Happy Friday to you!
I thought I’d show you a few photos that I took recently when my girl and and I went on a little outing to the park. We’re so lucky to live so close to such a wonderful place. It’s just across the road from our neighborhood…1,600 acres of beauty and fun, full of all sorts of things to do…walk, bike, swim, ski, golf and ride horses, just to name a few. I guess I should add photography to that list too, shouldn’t I?!
Up near the community center there’s a little flower garden brimming with all sorts of pretty plants…roses, zinnas, cosmos…too many to list, really. Anyway, that’s where we went to snap a few photos shortly before the sun completely hid itself behind the trees.
My daughter had so much fun singing and dancing…pretending she was putting on a show for me while I sat on the bench. I think I told you last time how she started Kindergarten this week…well, it couldn’t have been worse timing because she has been so sick with pneumonia that so she was only able to go to school for one day!
I’m praying that next week has better things in store for us.
On a happier note, the weather here has been absolutely glorious! I’m trying to get outside and enjoy it as much as I can. It certainly is beginning to feel like autumn and while I have the urge to start decorating for the season, there’s a part of me that’s trying to hold onto summer for just a bit longer.
Well, so long for now. Hope you have a good weekend!

SaveSave

• Home and Lifestyle

Wonderful pictures of your daughter, she is a talented model!

Happy weekend!

September 7, 2012 at 1:12 pm Reply

Good morning! What a pretty set of photos you have made! I love the composition and light on the one where your daughter is smelling the flowers. What a nice place to have so close. Pretty pink flower broken on the rest! 🙂 Have a nice weekend. It's pouring rain here right now!
    Hugs,
    Lara

September 7, 2012 at 1:14 pm Reply

Oops.. I misspelled BOKEH
    So easy to get typos on this iPad 😉

September 7, 2012 at 1:16 pm Reply
  • Keeping it Cozy

Oh my goodness, Tricia, what a beautiful place! I can see why you are still trying to hold on to summer! I hope your daughter is on the mend… pneumonia can make you so sick. Thanks for sharing such beautiful photos… I'm off to enjoy a little outing with my girls here in a bit myself!

September 7, 2012 at 1:25 pm Reply
  • Alice

Beautiful photos! Your sweet daughter makes a wonderful model. How fun it would be to live close by this park.

September 7, 2012 at 1:26 pm Reply

What a beautiful outing…love this time of year.

September 7, 2012 at 2:13 pm Reply

Oh so sorry to hear your little one got sick so soon after starting school. I hope she is on the mend and can return next week. These images are all so lovely, the softness is stunning and your captures are a delight for the eyes.

September 7, 2012 at 2:31 pm Reply
  • Shabby soul

Darling Tricia your images are delice for the eyes, as always, and your daughter looks so sweet. I've changed my camera, as I told you I would, it's like yours: so much better now!!
    Hugs
    Silvia

September 7, 2012 at 2:44 pm Reply
  • Ms. Redo

Hope your sweetie feels better soon, pneumonia is no fun. Love your pictures, so soft and warm. Thanks for sharing. Mary

September 7, 2012 at 2:44 pm Reply
  • Susan

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter has been sick with pneumonia – I hope she is feeling better, so that she can get back to school.

Lovely pictures as always, Tricia!

Have a wonderful weekend!

September 7, 2012 at 2:44 pm Reply
  • Pink Overalls @DIY Home Staging

Beautiful shots! Thanks so much. You are an inspiration.

I think most of us feel the same way, hating to say goodbye to summer, and at the same time, happy to welcome autumn.

Hope your daughter's feeling better.

September 7, 2012 at 2:44 pm Reply
  • Danny

Wonderful!

Liebe Grüße von Danny

September 7, 2012 at 3:20 pm Reply
  • Clara {Clover and Violet}

Such beautiful Summer pictures, I am trying to hold on to this Summer too! I am sorry about your little daughter, hope she is much better. Being sick is no fun at all!!

September 7, 2012 at 3:22 pm Reply
  • Tulla and Catie

Wonderful photos of your sweet daughter and beautiful flowers! I love the light on the cosmos! Hope your daughter is fine now? Wish you all the best, Barbara

September 7, 2012 at 3:29 pm Reply
  • tinajo

Beautiful pics, she fits right in among the flowers! 🙂

September 7, 2012 at 4:07 pm Reply
  • Vibeke Sæther Svenningsen

You are such an inspiration. DREAM photos !! Wish you a lovely weekend:)

Hugs from Vibeke

September 7, 2012 at 5:15 pm Reply
  • Silvina Soave

preciosas imágenes!!! Feliz fin de semana!

September 7, 2012 at 5:27 pm Reply
  • La Vie Quotidienne

Such wonderful and loving photos ~ hope she gets well soon and enjoys the school year.

September 7, 2012 at 7:01 pm Reply
  • The Rosegarden in Malevik

woow woow woow……such LOVLEY photos,,,,,,,, a DREAM..
    almost the same theme as it is at my place right now 🙂
    and do not miss…….

F

It is FUN 🙂
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

September 7, 2012 at 8:04 pm Reply
  • Evelyn S.

Oh Tricia! These are the sweetest, dreamiest images!

September 7, 2012 at 8:46 pm Reply
  • Bonnie

Beautiful images. Kids bounce back quickly so I hope things are better by next school day.

September 7, 2012 at 9:47 pm Reply

Oh what a sweet time that must have been tricia!
    Your daughter is so cute and if shes anything like mine, she loves being photographed!
    I think I love taking pictures of her though even more than she loves having them taken!
    Love these flower photos and the sun just shining through.
    I'm like you, I'm not wanting to say goodbye to summer just yet.
    We had a week that was so hot and I loved it!
    Have a fun weekend!

Deborah xoxo

September 7, 2012 at 10:07 pm Reply
  • Blondie's Journal

So sorry to hear your daughter was under the weather…hope all is good now. She is precious looking! Beautiful photos as always. I'm sure you get a lot of inspiration from that lovely park!

XO,
    Jane

September 7, 2012 at 11:22 pm Reply
  • Heaven's Walk

Absolutely dreamy and ethereal photos, Tricia. You are such an artistic photographer! Your daughter is beautiful – and I pray that she's back on her feet soon. 🙂

September 8, 2012 at 1:06 am Reply
  • Ash

Tricia, for a moment I felt like I've just walked on Heaven's Garden. So beautiful and serene that I do not want it to end. My prayers are with your lil girl and she'll be walking back to school in no time 🙂

September 8, 2012 at 1:26 am Reply
  • Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle)

Tricia, it's so good to see you again! Your shots are glorious. And your little girl couldn't be any prettier. I love the exposure of your shots. So light and airy. Hope y'all enjoy a happy, healthy weekend!

September 8, 2012 at 2:39 am Reply

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's illness…hopefully it passes SOON! Your photos are lovely!

September 8, 2012 at 2:55 am Reply

Beautiful as always. Hope your girlie feels better soon!

September 8, 2012 at 6:06 am Reply
  • Nely

Beautiful photos,so sweet..big hugs and kiss for your daughter:)

September 8, 2012 at 2:24 pm Reply
  • Rosemary Aubut

So lovely, soft and breathtaking! Beautiful place to live near!

September 8, 2012 at 3:34 pm Reply
  • Blueberry

Oh, amazing colors!…
    Hope your daughter is feeling better now;)

September 8, 2012 at 3:35 pm Reply

So many beautiful photos here. Your blog always has such a calming feel to it. I just love that.. I do hope your daughter is feeling better.

Hugs~

September 8, 2012 at 7:29 pm Reply
  • Vickie @ Ranger 911

Oh, your poor daughter! I hope she's fully recovered- she looks healthy in the photos. I completely forgot to plant zinnias this year , so thanks for sharing your lovely photos with us!

September 9, 2012 at 12:07 am Reply
  • A Cozy Cottage in the City

Hi Tricia,

Your photos are always so full of color and beauty ~ vivid and alive like you! 🙂 I hope your daughter feels better soon!

Hugs from here,
    Jessie

September 9, 2012 at 7:32 am Reply

So sweet. Your daughter is adorable and I love her hair.
    Hope your weekend is going well.

September 9, 2012 at 2:32 pm Reply
  • Bohemian

What Beautiful Images and what a Cutie your Daughter is, she looks so comfortable and natural in front of the camera. Having such a Natural landscape so close to Home is indeed a Blessing, and when it bursts forth with Flowers it looks like one's own Secret Garden!

Blessings from the Arizona Desert… Dawn… The Bohemian

September 9, 2012 at 2:39 pm Reply
  • Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic

Gorgeous, as always, Tricia. I love the softness of your photos. I hope your daughter is on the mend now!

~Shanon

September 9, 2012 at 7:42 pm Reply
  • June

These photos are nothing short of magical Tricia! Your beautiful little girl is a natural! You are really blessed to have this place so close to enjoy.
    Your sweet note about my latest post was a gift! Thank you!
    sending hugs…

September 9, 2012 at 9:30 pm Reply
  • Danelle

So beautiful–as is everything you share! 🙂

September 10, 2012 at 12:22 am Reply
  • Between You and Me

beautiful shots of your darling daughter….what a beautiful place to visit so close to your home. 🙂 We have a beautiful botanical gardens here in Athens that we love to visit.

The weather is changing here, too…I was giddy today as it felt like Fall. 🙂

September 10, 2012 at 2:13 am Reply
  • Georgianna

Hello, Tricia! I love these photos – truly fairy garden images. But so very sorry to hear your daughter has had pneumonia. I do hope she is fully recovered and able to enjoy going to kindergarten. Such a big milestone for her.

Have a lovely week! xo

September 10, 2012 at 5:32 am Reply
  • Lidy@FrenchGardenHouse

Tricia, thanks so much for your visit! What gorgeous photos, you are so talented behind the camera. I'm so glad that your little darling girl is feeling better, I hope she's able to go to school every day next week! Kindergarten is so fun, it's such a great age. xo Lidy

September 10, 2012 at 2:50 pm Reply
  • Valerie@chateaualamode.typepad.com

Hi sweet Tricia, hope you're doing well. So sorry your darling daughter hasn't been feeling well. Hoping she is all better now. Pnuemonia is so scary. My youngest had it when she was probably your daughter's age and I'm not sure if it was harder on me than her 😉 Your photos, and your daughter, are beautiful as usual.
    xoxxo

September 11, 2012 at 2:23 am Reply
  • CV Love

Great photos!

September 11, 2012 at 1:16 pm Reply
  • Juliana

cool pastel colours…photos are great
    beautiful girl! best wishes for your family!

xoxo, Juliana
    [pjhappies.blogspot.com]

September 11, 2012 at 2:52 pm Reply
  • Cindy Garber Iverson

I love how your girl's sweet dress looks like one of the hues of the flowers. These photographs are heavenly. I love them. The one of your sweet girl leaning over the zinnia… I could stare at it for such a long time. It's so beautiful.

September 11, 2012 at 7:35 pm Reply
  • Lisa Gordon

Oh Tricia, I am so sorry to hear that your daughter has been sick, and I sure hope she is better soon.
    As always, your photographs are so beautiful, and how nice that the weather is wonderful, especially for your little one. A much easier time to get well, than when it is very cold outside.

xo.

September 11, 2012 at 9:59 pm Reply
  • Kristi R Artisan Jewelry

Beautiful!!!

September 12, 2012 at 1:46 am Reply
  • Marina {Yummy Mummy)

Beautiful as ever, but Oh no – so sorry your sweet girl has been sick 🙁 Hope she's feeling better! xo

September 12, 2012 at 2:12 am Reply
  • Stacey@A Sort Of Fairytale

lovely pictures and i hope your sweet daughter is feeling better!

September 12, 2012 at 2:44 am Reply
  • Sarah @ Modern Country Style

Oh, these photos are beautiful, Tricia. But your poor daughter……I hope she feels as right as rain very soon!

Sarahxx

September 12, 2012 at 7:09 pm Reply

So soft and lovely…

September 13, 2012 at 12:00 am Reply
  • Pieces of Sunshine

Gorgeous photos (as always). Hope your daughter is all better now and enjoying her start to school. How wonderful to have a park so close by, must be quite relaxing and inspiring to live where you do.

September 13, 2012 at 8:24 am Reply
  • Caroline

Oh wow…such gorgeous and light filled photos!!

September 14, 2012 at 4:26 am Reply
  • Beglaubigte Übersetzung

Lovely photos!!!!

September 19, 2012 at 11:25 am Reply
  • molly

Your pictures are so light and wonderful.
    I love this style!
    Lovely hugs
    Molly

September 20, 2012 at 2:45 pm Reply

So beautiful *sigh*. Your daughter is the sweetest!

September 20, 2012 at 3:05 pm Reply
  • Marika Sison

So pretty and dainty ♥
    Check out my blog as well? http://meetapennythatscribbles.blogspot.com/
    Just followed you. Hoping we could follow each other's. Cant wait for more of your posts.
    Marika.

September 21, 2012 at 11:32 am Reply
  • Butterbean Row

Gorgeous photos, Tricia! Your daughter is so cute and I know she brings you such great pleasure and joy!

charlotte

September 22, 2012 at 5:47 pm Reply
  • Pam

I feel so terribly behind in visiting my favorite blogs! So sorry you daughter was so sick. Hope she's back to normal by now.

September 23, 2012 at 1:28 am Reply
  • Kathy Shea Mormino

Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/Clever-Chicks-Blog-Hop-12.html

I hope you can make it!