Snow Days

We’re waking up to more snow this morning…lots of soft and fluffy flakes gently floating to the ground. Yes, it looks so pretty, but I wistfully think back to last year’s relatively snowless winter and wish for spring.
Most of my outdoor adventures over the past few months have involved shoveling, taking pictures in the backyard or going to the park with my little girl.
She likes to tromp through the snow pretending she’s on the hunt for some creature or another. She’ll yell something on the order of, “RUN, Mom! There’s a wild animal…it’s going to get us!” and then she’ll start running in the other direction. It’s almost impossible to get a photo of her since she’s gone before I know it.
My son is a more willing subject, but it seems like every photo I’ve taken of him, he had a snowflake in front of his nose or his eye…I’ll have to try again today.
This morning when he was getting ready for school, he didn’t want to wear his boots. He’s in middle school now and since no one else ever wears their boots, he doesn’t want to either. Β I could hardly contain my laughter when I asked him if he wanted to put on his snowpants too πŸ˜‰
Well, I hope you all have a great weekend!

SaveSave

• Sarah

Good Morning! I'm heading out now to take my turn with the shoveling…I think we got about 10 inches, although it looks more like 30! I remember the no boot OR COAT days. how is it 'uncool' to be warm….
    Have a good one! Enjoy the snow and the hot chocolate. πŸ™‚

February 22, 2013 at 2:25 pm Reply
  • traci

it looks so crisp and beautiful. we only got a little bit. kind of bummed. this hasn't been a good snow year for us.

February 22, 2013 at 2:37 pm Reply

Beautiful pictures! Snow here too this morning and I have to laugh about middle school. I know in a few weeks mine will want to wear shorts to school. LOL. Thinking of you yesterday, I have a huge bouquet of pink rannunculus….wish you were here to help me set them up!

February 22, 2013 at 2:43 pm Reply
  • tinajo

Beautiful winter scenery and I love her coat!

February 22, 2013 at 2:47 pm Reply
  • Blondie's Journal

I love your pictures…your daughter is precious! After your son's feet get wet and cold a few times, he might change his mind about wearing boots! ;-D

We got about 6 inches of snow last night but I think we missed the worst of the storm. It's so pretty but I really don't like to drive in it.

Hope you had a great week, Tricia!

XO,
    Jane

February 22, 2013 at 2:53 pm Reply
  • Okio B Designs

What a little cutie! I'm DONE with snow though. We might get more over the weekend. Sigh!

Jeanine

February 22, 2013 at 3:07 pm Reply
  • Barbara

You make snow looks so pretty, not for me but with your images make me want to be there. Love the one with the brown leaves on the trees.

February 22, 2013 at 3:09 pm Reply
  • Keeping It Cozy

The snow looks so beautiful, Tricia, and your daughter is so adorable! I have to tell you that while I know the snow gets tiresome, I wish you could send some of it our way! It has only snowed once here this entire winter and it was about 1/18" that disappeared in about an hour. πŸ˜‰

February 22, 2013 at 3:09 pm Reply
  • Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage

Beautiful! I love how your lovely daughters bright pink coat pops against the snowy background. Well hopefully just one more month of winter for you and then spring will on its way!

February 22, 2013 at 3:14 pm Reply
  • Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle)

Tricia, your snow photos are gorgeous. Your little girl is precious in her bright pink coat. Great contrast against all that white. Hope spring comes early for you.

February 22, 2013 at 3:29 pm Reply

A winter wonderland…we finally got a decent amount of snow last night so I am off with camera in hand today. Your sweet daughter in that pink coat playing in the snow are priceless captures.

February 22, 2013 at 3:39 pm Reply
  • Simo

che paesaggio incantato, sembra di essere dentro ad una fiaba!

February 22, 2013 at 4:15 pm Reply
  • Pam

Won't you be surprised one day when your daughter tells you to run and there really is a wild animal behind you! Your daughter's coat is gorgeous against the snow. Makes me wish I was that young and actually still loved playing it!

February 22, 2013 at 5:08 pm Reply
  • Becky C

Your photos are gorgeous. The snow is beautiful and we Never get any…
    I'm sure you are ready for spring. Hang in there.
    Have a great weekend!

February 22, 2013 at 5:18 pm Reply
  • michele

inspired to brave the cold and capture the beauty too! gorgeous photos!

michele

February 22, 2013 at 5:25 pm Reply
  • Lisa Gordon

You sure make winter look beautiful, Tricia.
    These are such wonderful photographs, and I just love that pink jacket with all of the white.
    Have a fantastic weekend!

February 22, 2013 at 5:34 pm Reply

F

it is FUN πŸ™‚
    WELCOME
    HΓ₯kan ( The Roseman)

February 22, 2013 at 7:36 pm Reply
  • Blueberry

Such a cute little lady!
    And wonderful snowy pictures!…

February 22, 2013 at 8:38 pm Reply

Gorgeous snow scenery captures, Tricia – you should start your own photography business! :))

February 22, 2013 at 8:40 pm Reply

Gorgeous snow pics. We had some snow. I'm ready for it to be gone.

February 22, 2013 at 9:49 pm Reply
  • sandy @ french laundry 132

lol are you trying to be the Mom from The Christmas Story? I can still see how she bundled up Ralphie lol

the snow pics are very pretty! and your daughter is just gorgeous and funny imagination β™₯

February 22, 2013 at 9:59 pm Reply
  • Heaven's Walk

Your photos are always so mesmerizing, Tricia! Do you use any photo editing? They're just so ethereal looking! What a view you have outside your doors, too. Just beautiful!

February 22, 2013 at 11:49 pm Reply

I've missed you! Beautiful snow! Sweet girlie. πŸ™‚

February 23, 2013 at 2:20 am Reply
  • Georgianna

Gorgeous, Tricia! Soft and delicate images – a true wonderland. Hope you have a lovely weekend, too. xo

February 23, 2013 at 4:25 am Reply
  • Just B @ Love Where You Live

Beautiful snowy photos, Tricia! We got 8" of the white stuff here too, only one of a few snows we've had this winter. It's actually really pretty this morning. I do like living where we have four distinct seasons, couldn't imagine it any other way. Hope all is well with you & your family. I always enjoy visiting your beautiful blog…one of my very favorites. Have a good weekend. Just B πŸ™‚

February 23, 2013 at 2:20 pm Reply

blow me away. Who
    would look at these and
    NOT want to live in MN?

Had to laugh about your
    son. Mine is in 8th grade
    and doesn't take kindly
    when I turn down a collar
    or try to tidy him up in any
    way!

Happy Saturday,
    xo Suzanne

February 23, 2013 at 2:51 pm Reply
  • Evelyn S.

Oh, this is the weather I would expect of Minnesota, but I realize that the "standard" doesn't seem to be standard anymore! These are such beautiful snow landscapes, Tricia…and the bright pink of your darling daughter is just wonderful contrast.

February 23, 2013 at 6:56 pm Reply
  • Ellie

These are really beautiful pictures – the snow may be a pain but it does make for pretty pictures. I really love your daughter's pink coat against the white of the snow too.
    Keep warm!!! πŸ™‚

February 23, 2013 at 11:41 pm Reply
  • Denise Masyga

so so sweet….love her pink coat against the white snow.

February 23, 2013 at 11:47 pm Reply

SO pretty, Tricia…your daughter is so sweet! You make our winter look gorgeous!

February 24, 2013 at 12:09 am Reply
  • jacqueline

WOW Such gorgeous photos! How i wish i could be there. I really love your daughter's gorgeous pink coat! keep warm sweet friend and love to you!!

February 24, 2013 at 1:42 am Reply
  • Kristi R Artisan Jewelry

Ooh, so pretty!

February 24, 2013 at 2:21 am Reply

Your snow shots are breathtaking and your daughter is beautiful.
    Before you know it spring will be here.

Hugs~

February 24, 2013 at 4:48 am Reply
  • Evelyn

Stunning snowy photos ~ where I live we've had hardly any snow this winter!

February 24, 2013 at 2:00 pm Reply
  • janice15

Very beautiful photos… I haven't been in snow forever…happy Sunday with love Janice

February 24, 2013 at 3:48 pm Reply

Utterly dreamy white!

February 24, 2013 at 7:55 pm Reply
  • Marina D

Thank you for sharing some of your winter with us as I haven't seen snow in years. So beautiful. xo

February 25, 2013 at 5:51 am Reply
  • Katherines Corner

lovely winter photos. We had another snow storm this weekend. Happy Monday wishes, xo

February 25, 2013 at 1:00 pm Reply
  • Cindy

Beautiful photos! I love the bright pink coat on your darling little girl! So cute!

February 25, 2013 at 8:52 pm Reply
  • Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic

Your little girl is so sweet. I love your beautiful photos, you never disappoint. We have snow right now and I am loving it! Spring is just around the corner.

~Shanon

February 26, 2013 at 1:49 am Reply
  • Jemma

Your beautiful blog is delightful!! Just began following you-what gorgeous photography!!
    ~jemma

February 27, 2013 at 1:52 pm Reply
  • Anne Marie

what a sweetie! I haven't been here in too long Tricia…and forgive me…wow…your photographs are amazing!! so beautiful –
    would love to see what pie you are – are you going to join in on Pie*ography Thursday? I hope so
    xo + blessings,
    Anne Marie

February 27, 2013 at 3:52 pm Reply
  • **CREATIVE CARMELINA**

Adorable…both you, your daughter…and all of your pretty photos….! Absolutely adorable.

Ciao bella
    Creative Carmelina

February 27, 2013 at 9:29 pm Reply
  • Charlotte Wilson

Love that you have snow! your shots are beautiful …love the ones of your sweet daughter!

February 27, 2013 at 10:47 pm Reply

Lovely! The snow is beautiful and your daughter adorable! πŸ™‚
    I love snow, but I don't want to see it again until next winter πŸ˜‰ coz we already have tons of snowdrops and croci and the first pink blossoms. πŸ™‚

February 28, 2013 at 1:23 am Reply
  • lealu

Your pictures are incredibly beautiful! Thank you for sharing them with us.

February 28, 2013 at 8:28 am Reply
  • julie - eab designs

I miss the snow. We haven't had any here in No VA in a couple years now. Your first picture is my favorite – so beautiful with a pop of color from the coat. Love it!

February 28, 2013 at 3:00 pm Reply
  • June

These are such gorgeous photos Tricia! The pink your darling little girl is wearing just jumps from the photo in a stunning way! You make the snow look so enticing, but I think I have had enough snow for now. I would rather just come by and see it in your photos :)!!!!!But if I were your daughters age, I know I would want to be right out there with her.
    Thank you Tricia for your sweet comment. You made my day!
    many hugs…

March 1, 2013 at 12:24 am Reply
  • ~Pam~

Hi Tricia!
    I am new to your blog. It is so pretty here and I love all of your photos.
    Take care!

March 1, 2013 at 2:43 am Reply
    • Sandra van Doorn

everytime i come here i think i am walking into a dream. Gorgeous pictures.
      xo sandra

March 1, 2013 at 6:49 pm Reply
  • Tereza

these are such beautiful photos, what a nice winters day!

March 5, 2013 at 3:41 am Reply
  • A Cozy Cottage in the City

Hi Tricia!!!

I am completely envious of all your snow!!! Wish you could send some of that over here!!! Makes for some gorgeous images, methinks! πŸ™‚ Hope it warms up soon and that you had a lovely weekend!

XO's,
    Jessie

March 6, 2013 at 9:14 am Reply
  • sandy @ french laundry 132

Are you not accepting comments on the post above? I was going to enter the give-away and post it on my blog, but it was too much work and I didn't want to complete with literally thousands that I am sure will enter this one for sure!

Hope your having a wonderful life β™₯ lol

March 6, 2013 at 9:11 pm Reply