Charleston

Hello! Oh, how I’ve missed you all.
I must admit that I’ve been home from vacation for awhile, but have had such a hard time putting together a post…I’ve been busy enjoying the summer and whatnot while it’s still here.
Anyway, my getaway was wonderful! I’m in love with the South, I tell ya. We spent four days or so in Asheville, North Carolina before we traveled on to Charleston. Both were such beautiful places!
I didn’t really come home with as many pictures as I had hoped. My family would probably find this hard to believe since my camera was basically velcroed to my side, but it’s hard to do much photography when you’re traveling with other people. ย I’m sure they all were sighing inside every time I stopped to take a picture of something ๐Ÿ™‚
While we were in Charleston, we stayed on one of the islands and took trips into downtown on a few occasions. I loved that set up. It was pretty and peaceful at our hotel, as well as being the perfect place for children, yet it took only a few minutes to get into the heart of the city.
Charleston is such great town! Like any city, I suppose, there are areas that are a little iffy, but for the most part it’s absolutely charming, brimming with history and beautiful architecture. The streets are lined with gorgeous old homes and buildings, with pretty little walkways nestled amongst them. There’s lush flower-filled gardens and huge trees draped in spanish moss and, of course, there are all the wonderful restaurants and shops too. And to top it all off, everything is within steps of the ocean! I don’t think I could ever tire of it.
All of these photos were taken in the city. Yes, even the ones of the cemetery. It might seem kind of odd, but I loved it there too. Look at the flowers on that hydrangea bush!
I have a few more photos to show you of a couple of other places I visited, but I think I’ll craft those into a post for a different day. Hope you have a warm and wonderful weekend! See you soon.
Oh one last thing, thanks so much for your thoughts and comments on my last post. Happily, everything seems to be going well.

SaveSave

• Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest

Oh your pictures are delightful! Thank you so much!

We spent a few days in Asheville in June and LOVED the Biltmore at stayed at the Inn there……and I truly hope to cross off visiting Charleston off my Bucket List in March next year. I have a tea society sister who lives close who has been inviting us for the longest time – always seems a reason to not go and I SO want to. Your beautiful pictures only help this "need" along nicely!

August 2, 2013 at 1:50 pm Reply

Just beautiful Tricia. Charleston is one of my favorite places…it has been almost 18 years since my last visit:( Have a wonderful weekend.

August 2, 2013 at 1:53 pm Reply

Oh my how beautiful Tricia!
    Love every image here. Just breath taking. I understand about how our family just knows that we will want to photograph so much..lol
    So glad you enjoyed your time away….your eyes sure had a feast!
    Hugs and a great weekend to you xo

All my heart,
    Deborah xo

August 2, 2013 at 2:02 pm Reply
  • Debra Oliver

just beautiful, Tricia. the hydrangeas in the cemetery are amazing!

August 2, 2013 at 2:19 pm Reply
  • La Vie Quotidienne

Lovely photos…I knew that you would love Charleston, somehow it seems like a perfect city for you, there is so much beauty there.

August 2, 2013 at 2:27 pm Reply
  • Adrianna de

Amazing pictures <3
    ________________________________________
    ZAPRASZAM!:) http://holdwind.blogspot.com/

August 2, 2013 at 3:31 pm Reply

I was in Charleston many years ago, but I do remember the beauty of that city, the gardens, the homes, all so very beautiful. You have captured it beautifully. I yearn to go back again!!

August 2, 2013 at 3:57 pm Reply
  • Rosie Grey

Such beautiful photos! I've been having Charleston as a place I want to visit in the back of my mind for some time, now the more so!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

August 2, 2013 at 4:23 pm Reply
  • Bente

Love this photos. So very beautiful

Have a great weekend

August 2, 2013 at 4:45 pm Reply
  • Home and Lifestyle

Love it to see Charleston again;-)! It's a wonderful place to be, I can almost not imagine I visited Charleston last week. Now we are in Coconut Grove, Miami, next Tuesday we will go back to Europe. It is wonderful to be here in the USA!!

Big hugs, Ingrid

August 2, 2013 at 6:08 pm Reply
  • oligatorka

beautiful! ๐Ÿ™‚

New post on my blog: http://oligatorka.blogspot.com/2013/08/100-my-favourite-lana-nguyen-dress.html

August 2, 2013 at 6:30 pm Reply
  • Stephani

Lovely photos! I've never been there, but would love to go!

August 2, 2013 at 6:30 pm Reply
  • sandy @ french laundry 132

You did extremely well on your photo taking as usual! Such pretty photos Tricia! I love Ashville too! It's very Southern there, way more Southern than it is here for some reason and they are further north.

No,you would never tire of it! We have lived here just over ten years and each time I go downtown it's like going there for the first time and I keep seeing different things all the time. I love the beauty and the peacefulness of the cemeteries too.

I never want to leave Charleston.

huggggs,
    sandy

August 2, 2013 at 6:35 pm Reply
  • Silvina Soave

Es una belleza ese รกrbol florecido!!
    Abrazos y feliz fin de semana!

August 2, 2013 at 7:47 pm Reply
  • Salma

i've been following your lovely blog for quite a while and i really like your photos! ๐Ÿ™‚

i would SO much love to visit the south of the us one day, it has such a special kind of charme – really amazing! thanks a lot for sharing your experiences ๐Ÿ™‚

greetings from vienna
    salma

August 2, 2013 at 8:05 pm Reply
  • Acorn to Oak

Beautiful photos! I'd love to visit that area someday! ๐Ÿ™‚

August 2, 2013 at 8:33 pm Reply
  • Joy Hall

Beautiful photos! Even though I have been to South Carolina many times, I seem to have always missed Charleston. I know this trip was good for you!

Just recently discovered your blog and totally have enjoyed catching up!

August 2, 2013 at 8:55 pm Reply
  • Kullerbรผ

What a nice town and so beautiful photos!
    Many greeting from very warm Hamburg, Ann

August 2, 2013 at 9:09 pm Reply
  • Jemma

Just beautiful, lovely lighting and such a great eye you have!
    Jemma

August 2, 2013 at 9:24 pm Reply
  • Pam

Look at the color schemes on the buildings! Love the vibrant colors, especially the last photo with the turquoise window frames on a brick building. So much history there.

August 2, 2013 at 9:38 pm Reply
  • Lisa Gordon

Tricia, your photographs are just beautiful.
    I am so glad that you had such a good time.
    Both of the Carolinas are really beautiful.

Have a wonderful weekend!

August 2, 2013 at 10:30 pm Reply
  • Pink Overalls @DIY Home Staging

Lovely photos. I lived near Asheville for 20 years, so I'd love to see what captured your eye there. I know what you mean about taking photos when you are travelling with others. It's sometimes difficult. Thanks for sharing these images.

August 2, 2013 at 10:30 pm Reply
  • LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious

Oh how I hope one day to vacation to see the beautiful south- Charleston and the surrounding area. YOu captured such beauty in your photos Tricia. I'm so glad you had this wonderful experience and vacation with your family.

โ™ฅLee Ann

August 3, 2013 at 2:05 am Reply
  • Our photos

Beautiful photos!

August 3, 2013 at 2:58 am Reply
  • I HAVEN HOS โ™ฅ EVIGGLADE

What a koriske seeing your truly beautiful town.
    Greetings from Copenhagen Denmark

August 3, 2013 at 8:03 am Reply
  • Saskia

Beautiful photos. I love it.

Nice weekend
    Greetings from Holland

August 3, 2013 at 10:09 am Reply
  • Evelyn S.

Welcome back! What glorious images of a beautiful old city. I would love to see Charleston someday!

August 3, 2013 at 4:38 pm Reply
  • Polly McCormick

We are going later this month!! Cannot wait, I've never been!!

August 3, 2013 at 5:06 pm Reply
  • Mari Crea

Welcome back!
    This area is very beautiful it looks Europe
    Enjoy a beautiful Sunday
    xoxo
    Mari

August 3, 2013 at 6:43 pm Reply

I'm so happy to see a post from you! I hope you are feeling better. My kids lived in the Charlotte area for a couple of years, and while I visited them, I didn't get to Charleston. Loved seeing it through your lovely photos.

August 4, 2013 at 4:59 am Reply
  • Tulla and Catie

Nice to hear from you again :), and thank you for your wonderful impressions of the South, sounds like you had a wonderful vacation!

August 4, 2013 at 7:52 pm Reply
  • jacqueline

I miss you so much sweet Tricia! So happy to know you had such a wonderful vacation! Charleston is so beautiful and i fell in love with all your beautiful capture! Just beautiful! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

August 5, 2013 at 1:44 am Reply
  • janice15

At any rate the photos that you did get are simple beautiful I enjoyed them very much… beautiful homes.. Have a great rest and a great new week with love Janice

August 5, 2013 at 3:48 am Reply
  • Clara {Clover and Violet}

Your photos are beautiful and Charleston looks like a place I want to go visit. Glad you are enjoying your summer!!

August 5, 2013 at 11:23 am Reply
  • Kristi R Artisan Jewelry

Such pretty photos. I love the one with the pink flowers and pink shutters. Everything looks so beautiful…it makes me want to live there. ๐Ÿ˜‰

August 6, 2013 at 12:06 am Reply
  • Heaven's Walk

Gorgeous photos, Tricia! I think I could truly live in Charleston forever! I'm adding a trip there to my Bucket List for sure. Love the quaintness, sweetness, and southern beauty of it! Thanks for thinking of us and taking us along with you. ๐Ÿ™‚

August 6, 2013 at 12:09 am Reply
  • Tracey

Your photos are absolutely gorgeous Tricia!!!!!!

๐Ÿ™‚ T

p.s. loved your note on my last post ๐Ÿ™‚ I would so love it if we lived closer and could "hang out"…practicing my French and talking photography with you sounds like heaven!!! Maybe we can at least try it over the phone :))

August 6, 2013 at 2:43 pm Reply
  • Robin Johnson

So glad to have you back. I find it hard to get back into blogging after a vacation also. Even though I can't wait to see what everyone has been up to, it seems like there is always 101 things to catch up on! LOL.

Your photos are gorgeous. I have never been to the south but I can see it's charm in your photo's. they are amazing.

August 6, 2013 at 2:56 pm Reply

Thank you for the delightful virtual tour of Charleston, Tricia! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Such a charming and colorful place.
    Have a lovely August. xo

August 6, 2013 at 7:42 pm Reply

One word – STUNNING

August 6, 2013 at 11:51 pm Reply
  • My Little Bungalow

Pretty photos! Charleston is one of my favorite places. My husband and I honeymooned there almost 18 years ago, and our favorite vacation spot is an island about an hour south of the city. It's a magical place. I hope to see some photos of Asheville too! That's a fun town in a beautiful setting.
    Claudia

August 7, 2013 at 10:53 am Reply

Amazing photos.. Looks like a place I would love to visit someday..

Hugs~

August 8, 2013 at 12:06 pm Reply
  • dawn

just lovely photos, the colors are superb. they feel dreamy and beg for one to visit. glad you are doing better…

August 8, 2013 at 4:25 pm Reply

~swoon~!

August 8, 2013 at 9:44 pm Reply
  • kelly

Lovely colours. I know what you mean about taking photos when you are with other people. My immediate family are now so used to me taking several photos that they often spot some scenes that they know that I would like. I love the pink building.

Kelly

August 9, 2013 at 9:24 am Reply
  • Kim @ Savvy Southern Style

You went to two of my favorite cities to visit and shop. Great shots.

August 10, 2013 at 5:56 pm Reply
  • tinajo

Glad to see you (well, the blog post, but you know what I mean) – and the pics are lovely! ๐Ÿ™‚

August 10, 2013 at 6:10 pm Reply
  • Madelief

Beautiful photo's of Charleston! Never been to the US before, but this town will definitely be on my wish list!

Madelief

August 12, 2013 at 7:48 pm Reply

That vacation is on my bucket list…such a lovely area of the country! Your photos are so lovely! I've always loved crepe myrtles…wish we could grow them in Minnesota…

August 13, 2013 at 12:39 am Reply
  • Daniela

Such a charming place !!
    I'm coming from Kia and Zeno blog and I've just discovered you pretty blog, congratulations ๐Ÿ™‚ !!
    Dany

August 14, 2013 at 3:04 pm Reply
  • Denise at PinkPostcard.

so pretty! I'd love to visit North Carolina. The architecture is stunning!

August 14, 2013 at 4:40 pm Reply
  • Marikki

It is wondeful for me to see so far(from here Finland;))
    So beautiful!!

Many hugs, Marikki

August 14, 2013 at 7:40 pm Reply
  • Lynda Naranjo

Gorgeous photos, Tricia! I've always wanted to visit Charleston. I have a "thing" for old cemeteries. ๐Ÿ™‚

August 14, 2013 at 10:15 pm Reply